We are pleased to announce the inaugural BSides Security Conference for the Bryan/College Station, Texas region! The conference will be February 22nd, 2020.
BSidesBCS is a local security conference organized in the spirit of providing an open forum for discussion and education in information security. This conference is driven by the community and will be an event open to everyone in information security. We hope to have a variety of speakers on various topics and there will be plenty of time to network and share knowledge with your peers. At BSidesBCS, everyone is part of the conference!
BSidesBCS 2020 is operated by volunteers and BCS Cyber, Inc, a non-profit corporation dedicated to creating awareness and improving upon the discussion and research of cyber security topics within the Bryan and College Station regional area.
November 1, 2019 - Call for papers opens
December 31, 2019 - Final submission - This may change
January 2020 - Notifications sent
January 2020 - Participation confirmed by speakers and details finalized
February 22, 2020 - BSidesBCS 2020
What You Need (taken from BSidesSF)
- Speaker name(s) and contact information
- Submission Title
- Abstract - Limited to 200 words
- Detailed Outline and Key Takeaways - Tell us more details about your presentation and why people will want to attend. These details will help us make an informed decision about your submission.
- T-shirt size(s)
- Scheduling preferences (Morning or afternoon)
All talks are limited to 2 speakers only. If you have a co-presenter, you must first create the talk in the “my talks” section of Papercall.io, invite your co-presenters, and then submit the talk to the CFP.
This CFP is run blind, and no reviewer will know the presenter of a talk until after it is fully rated and accepted. As part of your talk description, please include a detailed outline.
We are accepting the following talks:
- General talks - 25 min regular talk format for various topics in security and privacy.
- Deep dive talks - 50 min talk format to cover more technical deep dives.