ChiWiTCon™ is an inspiring gathering of technologists from Chicago and beyond. Open to all genders across all platforms and technologies, ChiWiTCon™ brings the achievements, aspirations, and career interests of inspiring individuals in technology to the forefront. 2019 will be the 4th year of ChiWiTCon™ and we’re expecting an attendance of around 300 professionals from the technology industry.
Join us on September 26th, 2019 in downtown Chicago, IL!
ChiWiTCon™ is looking for speakers from a variety of backgrounds! Our selection process is all-inclusive and we’re interested in having a diverse set of speakers.
We’ll be having three different talk formats throughout the day:
- Opening and closing talks for the day
- Given in front of all 300 attendees
- ~ 45-50 minutes long
- Various talks throughout the day
- Could be given to either all 300 attendees or selected for a time slot with 2 simultaneous breakout talks
- ~ 30 minutes long
Here are some example themes we’re looking for:
- Career Growth / Leadership
- Innovative Technology
- Diversity and Inclusion / Culture
- Overcoming Challenges
While we’d love to see these themes represented, we’re also open to proposals that don’t fit any of the themes listed above. Feel free to submit your talk regardless of the themes above!
You’re welcome to submit as many talk proposals as you’d like, but we’ll only be accepting one proposal per speaker in the case of multiple submissions.
- Make sure your talk includes time for a quick 5 minute Q&A at the end.
- By submitting a proposal, you agree to follow our code of conduct.
- Title: This is what will be shown in the schedule and should be representative of your talk.
- Elevator Pitch: A 300 character abstract of your talk.
- Description: A more in-depth explanation of your talk containing an outline with key takeaways.
- Speaker Profile: Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background. We’d love to hear about why you’re interested in speaking at the conference! Let us know if you have any past experience speaking and submit some relevant examples if you have them.
- Your submission will be reviewed by a group of 5 people from diverse backgrounds and experience levels.
- The reviewers will select proposals for the required number of talks, with a wait-list in case any of the selected speakers drop out.
- You can expect to hear back through email about whether or not you have been selected or have been placed on the waitlist by early May.
- When submitting your proposal ask yourself the following questions:
- Is my talk relevant to the conference?
- Does my talk provide new and exciting takeaways?
- Is my talk original and tailored to the conference?
- Is my talk engaging and well thought out?
- Other food for thought:
- We’d love to hear about what worked, but hearing what didn’t work and what you learned from it is even better!
- Describe not only a problem, but also talk about the solution.
- Tell us about why your experience matters and what key points you can pass on to others.
- All speakers will receive a free conference ticket
- Option to arrive early to network with other speakers
Unfortunately due to the size of the conference, we are unable to provide any assistance with travel expenses.