Regarding the COVID-19 crisis, at this time our event remains scheduled for September 24th, 2020. We are still actively seeking proposals. The proposal submission deadline has been extended to May 31st, 2020. We will share developments on this page as they emerge.
ChiWitCon™ returns to downtown Chicago, IL for the 5th year on September 24th, 2020.
ChiWiTCon™ is an annual gathering of technologists from Chicago and beyond. Open to all genders across all platforms and technologies, ChiWiTCon™ brings the achievements, aspirations, and career interests of individuals in technology to the forefront.
In 2020, we’re expecting an audience of 300 professionals from the technology industry. Our venue is located just steps from McCormick Place and is easily accessible by mass transit.
Feedback from prior ChiWitCon™ attendees:
“[…]is the most inspiring event I have ever been! The line up was awesome, and speakers shared very exciting and motivating experiences.”
“This event was great for networking! I now have an amazing network of tech professionals in the Chicagoland community”
“Amazing conference – well organized and great line of speakers.“
Our conference will feature two different talk formats:
- Opening and closing talks for the day
- Presented in front of all attendees
- 45-50 minutes long
- Breakout talks offered to attendees throughout the day
- May be offered to all attendees or may share a time slot with other breakout talks
- ~ 30 minutes long
Themes we’re looking for:
- Career Growth / Leadership
- Innovative Technology
- Diversity and Inclusion / Culture
- Overcoming Challenges
We’re also open to proposals that don’t fit any of the themes listed above. Just let us know why you think it’s relatable for our audience.
- By submitting a proposal, you agree to follow our code of conduct.
- Your talk should allow for a 5 minute Q&A at the end
Your submission should include:
- Title = What will be shown in the schedule and should be representative of your talk
- Elevator Pitch = A 300 character abstract of your talk
- Description = A more in-depth explanation of your talk containing an outline with key takeaways
- Speaker Profile = Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background. We want to hear why you’re interested in speaking at the conference. Let us know if you have past speaking experience and submit some relevant examples if you have them.
Your submission will be reviewed using a rubric by a panel from diverse backgrounds and experience levels. The reviewers will select proposals for the required number of talks, with a wait-list in case it is needed. You can expect to hear back through email about whether or not you have been selected or have been placed on the wait-list by early May.
Successful talks typically:
- Are delivered by passionate speakers
- Tell coherent and relatable stories
- Have relevant take-aways
- Inspire us to share the experience with our networks