Join us for DevOps UMN! This one-day conference will feature a mixture of talks, workshops, and open-space discussions with the intent of fostering cross-collaboration and understanding throughout the IT community.
For IT professionals in an academic setting, this is a great opportunity to meet with people who work in different colleges or universities, but share the same interests and are working to address the similar challenges. The goal is to connect people, raise group awareness of issues, and leverage diverse skills and experiences in order to tackle issues in the workplace, whether technical, social, or cultural.
Who should attend?
Anyone in a technology-related role at an educational institution.
When and Where
Tuesday, August 20 9 A.M. - 4 P.M. Tate Hall
University-sponsored, free of charge.
Food and Beverage
Complimentary light breakfast and lunch will be served.
We’re interested in hearing about:
- Technologies used in devops
- Problems encountered in devops and related solutions
- Social issues related to the devops community
- University-specific devops issues
- Team dynamics (how do we bring several ‘teams of one’ together to become an integrated team?)
- Career paths
- Technical concepts, including by not limited to: Ansible, Artifactory, Chef, CI/CD, cloud technologies, Docker, security, Kubernetes
This is not a developer-specific event, so delving into code isn’t necessary.