International Conference on Education and the Use of Digital and Computer Thinking
Inform, educate and think about teaching and digital technologies
EDUCODE is the first edition of an annual international symposium dedicated to education, practices and research in digital related fields. It is the result of a collaboration between different key digital players in Belgium.
The symposium will take place from 27 to 29 August 2018 on various sites located in Brussels.
- Inform - August 27th will be dedicated to the organization of exhibitions, roundtables and conferences open to the general public, to finish with a symphonic concert with choirs. This will take place in the beautiful Bozar concert hall and exhibition center.
- Train - August 28th will be dedicated to the organization of exchange workshops and demonstrations around education and the use of digital technology and computational thinking. This takes place in the schools École supérieure d’informatique and ISIB
- Stimulate reflection - August 29th will be devoted to the organization of conferences, exchange of experiences and research presentations. This takes place at the Belgian Royal Academy
Call for papers
Posters and demonstrations of the 27th August exhibition
Poster format for the day of August 27th. The posters will be displayed during the day of August 27th and will have to register in one of the following themes:
- Pedagogical experience report conducted with a class or presentation of innovative tools.
- Building a resource, content or tool.
The posters will describe at a minimum the context, the contribution of the experience, the tools, the resources and the content. Posters must be anonymized and will be reviewed by at least members of the scientific committee.
Workshops for course day August 28
Format workshops for the day of August 28th. Contributions will need to be part of one of the following themes:
- Pedagogical experience report conducted with a class or presentation of tools innovative. The workshop will be presented in 45 minutes and reproduced at least twice on the day.
- Building a resource, content or tool. The workshop will be presented in 90 minutes and reproduced at least twice during the day.
The contributions (2 pages) will describe at a minimum the context, the contribution of the experience, the tools, the resources and the content.
Contributions in workshop format must be anonymized and will be reviewed by at least two members of the scientific committee.
The trainings and workshops will be 60 to 100 practical workshops that will propose to the participants, to learn
- how to teach with technologies,
- how to develop computational thinking (with or without computers),
- how to use some applications (eg. moodle, geogebra, wims, python, scratch, microbit, arduino, expeyes, inkscape, libreoffice, thunderbird, gnupg …)
Posters and communications for the exchange and science day of August 29th
Articles format (in French or English) for the day of August 29th. The contributions will have to relate a high quality research and address a question of research related to any of the following topics :
- Computer science education
- Teaching computational thinking
- Education / digital culture
- Digital literacy
- Analytics of learning (learning analytics)
- Repositories of competences and curriculums
- Teacher training
- Disconnected education
Contributions, in the form of a short article (up to 5 pages), will follow the format available (very soon) on the symposium website. They will include:
- A title accompanied by 3 to 5 keywords;
- An introduction that describes the context, the theoretical anchoring, the objectives;
- A rigorous description of the methodology based on the use of models recognized;
- The results, their analyzes, conclusions and perspectives;
- A discussion to judge the relevance of the research;
- A bibliography comprising maximum 10 references.
Contributions in “articles” format must be anonymised and will be revised by at least three members of the scientific committee. On the day of August 29th, the articles will be presented in 30 minutes. The proceedings of the colloquium will be published freely.
Deadline for submission: April 23, 2018.
The deposit will be online. More information to read soon on the conference website: educode.be)
People to contact:
The audience is composed of teachers, school directors, parents and every decision makers and their team members.
We want the speakers to make the public think about their daily habits, their preferred interactions, the Society that they want to see tomorrow. We want to educate the public to better use their devices, to collaborate instead of compete, to create together, to study, improve, modify and distribute to improve knowledge and Society.
Any research, proposal for trainings related to education and technology, especially digital technologies will be welcome.
We want communications and especially trainings and workshops in French, English, Dutch and German on how to educate better using computers, smartphones, the computational thinking, collaborative interactions, collective evaluations …