EMPEX is back (!) and we’re looking for speakers for this year’s EMPEX MTN conference, hosted in Salt Lake City.
What is EMPEX?
EMPEX is a series of conferences that started in 2016 in NYC, expanded to LA, and is now in Salt Lake City. The ethos of EMPEX is to deliver amazing technical talks, in intimate venues, over a single day of talks that leave you feeling inspired. We do all of that with a flair and finesse that will make you wonder why you go to any other programming conferences.
The focus for this newly minted conference will be on technical topics that are interesting to the Elixir programming community. That can include, but doesn’t have to be limited to:
- Type systems, or functional programming constructs
- Gleam, Clojuerl, or other BEAM languages
- Elixir or Erlang in production stories
- Doing whacky things with Elixir (drum machines! emulators!)
- Turning something inside out and showing us how it works (e.g. the BEAM!)
- Systems design and architecture walkthroughs
Again, the above is just a guide. We’re really interested in hearing whatever it is that you think would suit this audience. If it’s helpful, some of our favorite talks from the past installments have been (to name a few!):
- Is Elixir just Lisp? (Billy Ceskavich, EMPEX NYC 2019)
- Distributed War Stories (Miriam Pena, EMPEX LA 2019)
mix new beats– Recreating the Amen Break with Elixir (Matt Trudel, EMPEX NYC 2018)
- Process Potential: Multitasking and Fault Tolerance in Elixir (Meryl Dakin, EMPEX NYC 2019)