We will have 2 tracks of talks:
1. Practical talks: success stories of FP languages usage
2. Theoretical talks: programming language theory, mathematics, programming for the sake of programming, new things in FP languages.
The main purpose of F(by) is to sharpen developers’ skills in order to make it easier for them to uncover all new trends in development with functional languages. We are working to create a fruitful network to discuss the most interesting cases. Videos of the talks will be shared for free with attendees and community worldwide.
Selected speakers will get:
- Invitation to a pre-party and after-party dinners with FuncBY community
- Invitation to a short tour around Minsk
- Paid hotel for 2 nights (unless your company covers the expenses)
- Reimbursed plane tickets (unless your company covers the expenses)
- Lunch at the conference
- Visa invitation if needed. Please, note there's no visa policy in Belarus (for up to 5 days travel for 80 countries)
The audience – 200+ functional developers (all levels, but mostly mid-senior developers).
We are looking forward to your submissions!
We are looking for the following content types: talks, keynote talks, lightning talks, workshops (3-4h long).
Your proposals should include as many details as possible about the topic and format for the presentation. Vague and overly broad proposals don’t showcase your skills and knowledge. The more you can tell us, the more likely the proposal will be selected.
We are charging a fee for attending the conference, that's why we cover speaker's travel expenses, provide catering, video recording and add some fun to our event (afterparty, swag etc.). However, we try to keep the price affordable for all community members. That is why we always ask if the speaker's employer can cover travel costs in exchange for a conference partner status. Please, let us know in your submission if you are interested