GopherCon UK 2018
August 1st*, 2nd and 3rd
GopherCon UK is a three day event, one workshop day (August 1st) and two conference days (August 2nd and 3rd) with 2 tracks, held at The Brewery, in the heart of the City of London.
With over 400 delegates, speakers, and sponsors, GopherCon UK aims to deliver fantastic up-to-date content about Go programming and related technologies in a comfortable and professional setting. There are countless networking opportunities to engage with international speakers and delegates, making the event one you won’t want to miss.
The event kicks off on Wednesday morning with a full day workshop session* offering 1:1 hands on training on Go, then continues that evening with a pre-conference pubcon. Thursday will then start with an inspiring keynote presentation, followed by your choice of 2 tracks of talks. The day will close the evening’s social event. Lunch will be served and refreshments will be available throughout the day. And the same again on Friday.
GopherCon UK is a full featured event, and ticket prices include all of the following:
- Entrance to all keynotes and conference sessions
- Entrance to all social events
- Breakfast, lunch, 2 cake & coffee breaks
- All day access to the exhibit hall and delegate lounge
- WiFi, charging points and cloakroom
*Please note: an extra ticket is required to attend the workshops training on Wednesday.
Anyone is welcome to attend the conference, whether you’re a professional, hobbyist, manager, or just starting out, there’s something for everyone.
GopherCon UK is focused on education and discussion of the Go programming language. We aim to attract the best speakers, contributors, and educators from around the world in hopes of providing the community with the best resources on the Go programming language every year.
We are looking for speakers and instructors to give talks and hands-on classroom sessions. We are seeking talks covering mainstream, advanced, niche or non-technical topics aimed at a multitude of skill levels.
GopherCon UK seeks to deliver ‘wow’ talks that are fresh and inspiring about cutting edge topics or new perspectives on common problems. The audience will be from all backgrounds varying in skill level from beginner to intermediate to advanced, so talks varying widely in topic and skill levels are required. Most of all we want speakers who have a deep knowledge about the topics they are proposing and can’t wait to share that knowledge with a whole group of of eager listeners. Tell us what you’re most passionate about and why we should be passionate about it as well.
We are looking for 3 different types of talks for the event:
- Hand on technical training
- Classroom style
- Technical, in depth tutorial content on a specific topic
- Full day (8 hours, 6 hours actual training time)
- Not video recorded or distributed online
- 2 workshop sessions will be selected
- Opening session each morning of the conference
- Motivational, big ideas, inspirational, and community related topics
- Full conference audience
- 30 minutes length
- No Q&A
- 4 keynote sessions will be selected
- Breakout sessions throughout the conference
- Technical, educational, research, new technology, case studies
- Partial conference audience (split across 2 tracks)
- 30 minutes length
- Q&A at speaker’s discretion (within 30m limit)
- 24 talk sessions will be selected
Both keynotes and talk sessions are video recorded and distributed for free along with your slides on our YouTube channel.
We believe diversity of speakers and topics makes our event better. We welcome speakers of all programming languages, experience levels and backgrounds. We welcome speakers of any gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, or religion. We welcome new speakers and experienced speakers alike.