SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT TO JUMP STRAIGHT TO THE “SPEAK AT” BUTTON!
HackConf is Bulgaria’s premier software development conference, happening in Sofia.
Organized “by developers, for developers”, it covers a wide range of software development topics, regardless of the tech stack.
Our 5th edition this year will include a full day of workshops on 11th of October, and two parallel tracks of talks during both conference days - 12th and 13th of October. Our venue will be the National Palace of Culture, located in the heart of Sofia.
The audience at HackConf is very diverse, from students in the IT field to developers with 5 or more years of experience.
We have had 1000+ attendees and more than 3000 live stream viewers per event.
Thank you for your interest to share knowledge at HackConf 2019! ❤️
- October 11 - Workshops day
- October 12-13 - Talks
What We’re Looking For:
👉 The deadline for submissions is: 30th of April
👉 We’ll let you know if your talk/workshop is accepted by May 31, 2019.
Length: 30 mins
We believe that the best talks are the ones which our audience can use in their work after the end of the conference. The talk can be suitable for all levels of experience - from beginners & advanced beginners to senior developers. We particularly favor talks that either contain practical takeaways for the audience or take the form of a story that can inspire our attendees or help them avoid common mistakes. It’s helpful if it has a fairly wide appeal, although sometimes niche talks are well received too.
Above all, it must be relevant for our audience. We are aiming to have a balance of topics! You are not limited in your proposal, but here are some themes that we think would make interesting talks:
- Everything about software development
- Software testing - tools, good practices, experience from a philosophy point of view
- Hardware stuff
- Network programming and Security
- Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning
- Data science
- Running a startup/software business
- And finally - Can you show something new and useful? Go ahead and send us your proposal!
Check out HackConf 2018 talks for some inspiration!
Length: 3 - 3.5 hours
Max participants per workshop: up to 20
We’re open to all kinds of ideas, especially ones we haven’t thought of! Technical workshops tend to be more popular, but we welcome all topics! Workshops can be targeted at any experience level, just be sure to indicate clearly what you expect your students to already know or have experience within your proposal! Here you can find more about last year workshops.
How will you be supported?
The organizing team is committed to supporting speakers at all stages of their application. Here are some of the measures we take:
- If you’d like to enter our Call for Speakers but want some feedback on your talk idea, application or anything else first, we encourage you to get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In case you are not able to cover your travel and accommodation, we will fund you. If you are coming from abroad we would cover your travel and accommodation and if you are from Bulgaria, but not located in Sofia we would cover your accommodation for the conference. But please, make sure you communicate this with us as soon as possible, so we can book everything on time.
- We grant our speakers with free admission to the conference
- The night before the conference, we host a Speakers’ dinner so you can meet your fellow speakers and get to know the chair and organizers too.
- Post-conference, you’ll receive professional photos of yourself on stage, and we make videos of all the talks available for free online following the conference, with speakers, of course, retaining copyright. The videos will be published on our YouTube channel.
We’ll choose a selection of talks and workshops that we feel add up to the most valuable and engaging program for our attendees. By May 31, everyone will hear back from us. We will send an email to everyone whether we choose him/her for a speaker or not. The second step of the process of speakers selection will be a short online meeting with our team.
Full guidelines for speaking at HackConf read here.