Join 100+ web and mobile developers at the 8th Into The Box Conference in the heart of Texas on May 7-8, 2020!
Into The Box is a 2-day, 2-track event with speakers from around the world presenting on topics surrounding modern web and mobile technologies, development processes, software craftsmanship and infrastructure. We will be located in the Hyatt Place The Woodlands locate at 1909 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, Texas 77380.
Into The Box also offers 1 full day of training workshops, 2 conference days with over 30+ sessions, breakfast, hot lunches, and our now famous Mariachi Party!
We are looking for interested individuals who are passionate about software development and want to innovate and modernize in their respective eco-systems. Talks will be selected by the ITB Steering Committee on the basis of topic, reach and value to the event. The Steering Committee is happy to offer mentorship and assitance on all talk proposals.
Encouraged topics for submissions include:
- Software Crafstmanship
- Cloud Services
- Testing (BDD/TDD)
- New language and server features in Java, Adobe ColdFusion and Lucee
- JVM Languages
- Frameworks for any language
- Frontend development with JS
- CFML integration with languages such as Java, Kotlin, Groovy etc
- IDEs and editors for CFML
- AI, Deep Learning, Machine Learning
- Cross-platform mobile development (e.g. ReactNative, Redux, Swift, j2objc, Flutter etc)
- Analytics (e.g. Data Science, Customers Behaviour)
- Company culture and Agile/Scrum, etc
- Marketing and Monetisation of web and mobile apps
- Crash Reporting and Application Performance Monitoring
- Internet of Things and Home Automation (e.g. Android Things, Voice Assistants, HomeKit ) and their integration with backend systems
- General Development Tooling
- Design Patterns / Software Theory
The above list should not be treated as exhaustive. If you would like to speak on a topic that doesn’t seem to fit into any of the suggestions but goes well with the overall theme of ITB 2020, please submit it to us regardless.
Submissions should be for a maximum 50 minute talk. You can decide if you want questions within those allotted 50 minutes, but those 50 minutes is all you get :)
Selected speakers will receive a free ticket to the event and will be provided accommodation for the duration of the conference at the venue.
We do not pay speaking fees. As a general rule we unfortunately also do not cover any travel expenses, you can ask, and we will treat your request individually but cannot guarantee it.
If you’re overseas, please also be aware that traveling to the USA might require a visa. Depending on your country of birth/residence the process to acquire such a visa might take a significant amount of time and is in your own responsibility.
The deadline for submissions is January 15, 2020 midnight (US Central DST)
You will be notified about the success or failure of your submission by no later than January 31st, 2020.