J4K is an industry leading conference that combines the best of open source and middleware communities for developing Java applications on Kubernetes.
Containers and Kubernetes have been gaining serious traction in the market within the last few years and organizations are now exploring and leveraging the benefits of hybrid and multi-cloud environments. We are at a convergence point where middleware and application services need to be made efficient to run on containers and Kubernetes.
This conference is targeted to developers and industry influencers of middleware and application services on Kubernetes. We ask speakers to include technical demos as part of their session presentations, which will be delivered in realtime, i.e. “live”.
J4K 2021 Part 2 is coming to you virtually on October 6, 2021
We plan to have 2 session tracks. They are:
Track 1 - Applications and Best Practices on Cloud, Containers and K8s
- Role of Java in evolution of managed services (services on the cloud)
- Optimizing JVM apps to run on containers and K8s
- Making Java applications run effectively on containers and K8s
- IoT workloads/applications on K8s
- Lessons learned from containerized apps on K8s
- Containerized databases
- Getting-started with Java applications on cloud, containers and K8s
- How does AI/ML fit in your K8s workloads?
Frameworks and Tools on Cloud, Containers and K8s
- Native Java
- Reactive programming, Serverless and FaaS
- Demos with live coding for on-premise and remote/cloud deployments
- Programming Java frameworks for cloud, containers and K8s, e.g. Jakarta EE, Spring Boot, MicroProfile, Quarkus, Micronaut, GraalVM for Java, etc.
- Writing K8s operators in Java
- Tools for observability, profiling, debugging, and IDEs for Java on containers, K8s and cloud
- Tools that help you develop for cloud, containers and K8s, e.g. skaffold, jib, helm, podman, buildah, kail, stern, etc.
- Developing build pipelines, how do I take an app and build it through a pipeline, e.g. DevOps