Open Source Community Africa is a community aimed at creating and supporting the open source movement within Africa. As a community, we intend to help integrate the act of open source contribution in African developers while strongly advocating the movement of free and open source software.
OSCA is proud to announce a 3-day festival tagged Open Source Festival to be held in Lagos, Nigeria.
The festival will be a high profile event that would attract student delegates, developers, and corporate organizations on a large scale and would entail a series of talks, technical sessions, and awareness of developer-friendly tools.
This is the maiden edition holding in February, and it will be a forum for similar minds to interact, network, share ideas and discuss the latest happenings in the field of software development as well as the growth of the opensource community in Africa. Through this festival, we intend to move Africans from being the users to become the Next Billion Creators.
Thank you for your interest in speaking at the Open Source Festival in Lagos, Nigeria. We are currently accepting talks, tutorials, workshops and exhibitions proposals from interested speakers.
We are looking for sets of topics surrounding open source, and best practices. But we also encourage range of topics from
- What’s new with web development
- Hardware & IoT
- Technical writing
- Open source design
How to apply
Kindly click on this link to submit a proposal for your talk.
- Write your proposal in Talk Details and remember to set the category of your proposal from Tags.
- Fill out your profile information in Profile Details.
- Complete by clicking the Submit button.
- Talk sessions (30 - 45 minutes)
- Lighting talks (5 - 10 minutes)
- Workshops (45 - 60 minutes)
- Exhibitions (60 minutes)
- Submission opens - Monday,16th September 2019
- Submission deadline - Monday, 2nd December 2019
- Acceptance/rejection notification - Monday, 1st January, 2020
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com