REVULN 20x1 is an international cybersecurity conference taking place the 2020 April 28-30 in Metro Manila (Philippines) at RED Hotel Cubao.
The event is entirely organized and financed by us without any external sponsors.
The conference is focused on the following topics with presentations covering countries and areas of Asia:
- Cybersecurity and hacking communities (organizations, hackerspaces, makerspaces and hacklabs) - Open topic on cybersecurity, journalism, freedom of information, intelligence, cryptography, data analysis, cyber resiliency, data privacy, censorship, activism, technologies in law enforcement, and so on
The topics are presented from different points of view and focused on the countries and personal experiences of the 15 international speakers. Each presentation covers a slot of 45 minutes inclusive of questions (Q&A session). A 15 minutes break is available after each presentation for networking and privately talking with the speaker.
Main features of the event:
- no sponsors, no partners, no sponsored talks, no marketing or promoted business - invitation-only and free for selected guests - sessions covering specific target topics - focused on the region where the event is hosted (Asia) - improved networking with people from different countries and fields
What is this event? REVULN is a series of free private meetings for invited guests where participants attend the presentations of international speakers and connect with all the selected guests.
Is this a marketing or promotional event? No, nobody is going to promote or sell you anything. The event has been created, planned and financed by us just for speakers and attendees, completely for free and without any business or promotional activity or purpose. REVULN’s goal is sharing knowledge and connecting people.
How can I attend the event? The event is invitation-only with attendees selected by us or by other guests. Anyway feel free to contact us if you wish to participate, we are ever looking for interesting guests who can contribute to the events with their presence.
REVULN 20x1 Call for Speakers / Call for Papers
REVULN 20x1 is an international conference taking place the 2020 April 28-30 in Metro Manila (Philippines) at RED Hotel Cubao.
This private event does not have any sponsors and it’s meant for invited guests only. No marketing or promotion. REVULN’s goal is sharing knowledge and connecting people. Information and FAQ on https://revuln.com/20x1.htm
We are looking for 15 international speakers with english presentations of about 35 minutes. The whole slot is 45 minutes inclusive of questions.
CFP deadline: 2020 March 08.
The conference is focused on the following main topic with presentations covering countries and areas of Asia:
Cybersecurity and hacking communities
- also including hackerspaces, makerspaces and hacklabs
- hardware and software projects
- examples of projects to share with audience
- groups sharing knowledge in real life
- organization of events, meetings, hackatons and CTFs
- structure of the community and legal status
- suggestions for other groups, how to start and expand
- goals accomplished by the community and their impact
- examples of problems (of various nature) experienced
- future plans and projects, improvements
- raising security awareness through local communities
- relationship with law enforcement agencies
- history of the local groups (online/IRL) in the country
- legal aspects of cybersecurity in the country
- local bug bounties and rewards in the country
- projects created by the group and used internationally
- coordination on vulnerability disclosure
- how the group handles and uses the funds
- how the group handles and gets sponsorships
- promotional activities used to involve more people
- differences with groups in other countries/regions
- cooperation with other groups of the country and abroad
- requirements to participate/visit the space/event
- requirements for being members of the community
- business opportunities coming from these communities
- advocacy, non-profit and not-for-profit
- security awareness programs started by the government
- online-only forums, social pages and communities
- anything like cybersecurity, journalism, freedom of information, intelligence, cryptography, data analysis, cyber resiliency, data privacy, censorship, activism, technologies in law enforcement, and so on
We are interested in: - your personal experience, work and research - anything related to your country and region - statistics, case studies, data, facts and conclusions - comprehensible content clearly designed and presented for people with limited knowledge of a country or topic - different points of views and unusual aspects
We are NOT interested in: - marketing and promotional stuff, products or services - pointless presentations without any real content - live demonstrations or talks requiring Internet access - generic overview of tools and info as in similar talks - strong political opinions, we need facts and neutrality
Max two speakers for each presentation.
Speakers benefits (for each presentation)
Accommodation in Deluxe twin room for 3 nights with breakfast: checkin 27 - checkout 30. This benefit is meant for the presentations of the main topics (NOT the open topic) and for speakers outside Metro Manila
Admission to the conference (obviously)
Admission to the conference for one colleague or for the second speaker
Suggest people (or positions in organizations) you wish to meet at the event, we may invite them on our own
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com with subject: 20x1 CFP. It must contain the following information in text only:
Honorific title (Mr, Ms or professional title)
First Name (given name)
Last name (family name)
Nickname (if any)
Personal website, blog, Github
Social contacts: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, QQ, …
Job position and employer (if you represent a company) or University (if you are a student, prof. or PhD) or independent (just yourself)
Brief biography, something about you and your work
Title of the presentation
Description / abstract, max 500 words (this is a Call for Presentations, no paper requested)
Main points of the presentation, just an idea
Why is this presentation interesting for the attendees?
Have you already presented this talk at other events?
Some links about similar material and papers online
Links to documents that you would like to be shared with the attendees during the conference
Optional, max 3 names/contacts of people who may have knowledge, research and interest in these topics
The PDF slides of the selected presentations will be shared with the attendees of the conference during/after the event, and later published on our website (please let us know if you prefer to not publish the slides).
Contact us for any question, on LinkedIn and Twitter too: https://linkedin.com/in/aluigi https://twitter.com/luigi_auriemma https://twitter.com/revuln (try searching the ID revuln on other social networks)