Serverless Days AKL
Serverless is a recent addition to the long list of technologies that promise to accelerate software delivery, reduce cost of solutions ownership and provide unicorns and rainbows for all. And like all industry buzzwords it generates enthusiasm and scepticism in equal measure – how to move beyond the hype?
JeffConf was born in the spirit of Paul Johnston’s blog post, “Serverless is just a name. We could have called it Jeff”, an attempt to move beyond the Serverless buzzword and focus on the practical use of enabling platforms and the value they provide.
ServerlessDays is the evolution of JeffConf – a successful event series that started in July 2017 in London, UK and continued in Milan, Italy and Hamburg, Germany. It is a one day, community focused, single track event centred on real world Serverless based solutions. It’s about fostering a community and helping all of us learn from each other as we embrace a new way of building applications.
Serverless Days AKL will be the first of its kind in the southern hemisphere. We are expecting an attendance of about 300 from near and far. Serverless AKL is building on the ground swell of serverless communities and meetups by providing an event focussed on the sharing of real world experiences in an accessible environment. We expect tickets to be at a very affordable price.
At this stage we are looking to provide a number of presentations – ranging from short lightning talks to a full keynotes as well as a panel discussion. Draft timeline;
- Intro: 9.00am
- Opening keynote: 9.15am - 10.30am
- Morning break 10.30am to 11am
- First batch of lightning talks (4 at 15mins each): 11.00am - 12.00am
- Extensive lunch break: 12 - 2pm
- Afternoon talks and panel: 2pm - 3.30pm (2 x 20 mins talks and a 45 mins panel)
- Afternoon break: 3.30pm - 4pm
- Closing lightning talks: 4pm to 5pm
- Closing keynote: 5 to 5.30
- Drinks reception: 5.30 to 6.30pm
We are looking for;
- Serverless tooling
- Performance and Monitoring
- Development and Deployment experiences
- Data persistence in a serverless world
- TCO promises and how they stack up
- Serverless in a multi-vendor environment
Inclusivity is very important to us and the CFP process is anonymised to minimise selection bias. We are also reserving a number of tickets to be provided free of charge for diversity attendees.
Serverless Days is a non-profit community event. At the moment we cannot guarantee help with travel and hotel costs, but please don’t let that prevent you from submitting a proposal!
Speakers will be invited to a speakers dinner the day before the conference.
Being accepted as a speaker of course gives you free entrance!