Serverless is a recent addition to the long list of technologies that promise to accelerate software delivery, reduce the cost of compute ownership and provide unicorns and rainbows for all. And like all industry buzzwords, it generates enthusiasm and skepticism in equal measure – how to move beyond the hype?
ServerlessDays started life as JeffConf, a tongue in cheek conference in the spirit of Paul Johnston’s blog post, “Serverless is just a name. We could have called it Jeff”, an attempt to move beyond the Serverless buzzword and focus on the practical use of function as a service platform and the value they provide. It is a one day, community-focused, single-track event centered on real-world Serverless based solutions. It’s about fostering a community and helping all of us learn from each other as we embrace a new way of building applications.
ServerlessDays Helsinki is the first edition in Finland, we look to build on the success of the previous ServerlessDays events in other cities. Our focus is on building a community through sharing of experiences, accessible without a large commitment of time or money.
We believe serverless is a big tent and are looking for speakers with years of experience who have solved real-world problems using Serverless platforms, through to people taking their first steps in serverless.
Talk - 30 minutes
We are looking for:
- Are you new to Serverless? Tell us about your serverless learning journey!
- Experience with Serverless frameworks in production and under load?
- Serverless promises to lower the total cost of ownership: what are real-world experiences?
- Serverless corporate culture? Experiences with company politics and/or real-world problems, and strategies to overcome resistance?
- Are you doing something genuinely cool? Tell us about it? Let’s have some fun with this!
- Experiences with different serverless providers
- Experiences with all kind of serverless services not only FaaS
- Anything serverless that can be an interesting story to tell.