Want an opportunity to share your cool ideas and innovative projects with peers, practitioners, managers, and other experts in the digital operations management space? PagerDuty is seeking speakers for Summit San Francisco, our annual flagship user conference with approximately 1,300 people expected to attend.
Conference Dates: September 21-23, 2020, Hilton Union Square, San Francisco, CA. Call for Papers is open until April 30, 2020. Selection decisions will be shared in May 2020.
The audience for Summit San Francisco will be comprised primarily of developers, SREs, SupportOps, SecOps, DevOps and ITOps.
We encourage those to apply who:
- Have an interesting story related to digital operations management. Examples can include managing customer-impacting issues in real-time, AIOps, and incident management.
- Are familiar with or have used the PagerDuty platform and know how it works
- Are interested in sharing expertise and a willingness to engage in conversation with your audience
- Present in an interactive format
For your submission we suggest that you:
- Provide at least three actionable takeaways that the audience will get from your talk
- Highlight your past speaking experience and/or expertise in the area you’re speaking about
- Provide links to any videos or clips of previous speaking engagements or other resources that will showcase your speaking style/personality
Please keep in mind:
- All presentations must conform to the PagerDuty Code of Conduct
- Presentations will be recorded
- Your photo and your company’s logo will be included on our registration site. If you need to seek your company’s authorization to speak, please obtain this before submitting your abstract.
Topics we’re interested in - this is not an exhaustive list and we encourage you to apply with your own ideas as well.
- Running software in production
- Managing security incidents
- Building reliable systems
- Interesting ways to leverage PagerDuty/adoption gotchas
- Experience with blameless postmortems
- Learning from incidents
- Leading incident response teams
- Proving the value of real-time operations
- Fostering inclusive teams
- Best practices in stakeholder communications during incidents
- Communicating and collaborating with your Support teams during incidents
- Interesting things you’ve integrated with PagerDuty
- Improving work-life balance
- Tell us your ideas!