Tafakari is a series of conferences where developers and architects come together and explore the latest technology advancements. The event targets professional software developers who work in small to large-sized organisations and who develop systems of all sizes for enterprise companies.
The aim of the conference is to provide local software developers with a buffet of tools, practices and principles applicable to tackling current challenges in the Kenyan software development environment.
As most of our attendees are technical we would like to receive talks related to the following topics:
- Mobile, IOT & Embedded: Tools, frameworks & libraries for building native mobile apps, developing for embedded devices, the IoT, Arduino, Raspberry Pi etc
- Design, Architecture & Security: Software design, architecture, encryption & best practices to develop secure Apps.
- DevOps, Agile, Methodology & Culture: Software development methodologies, developer culture and related subjects
- Cloud, Containers & Infrastructure: Cloud-computing, containers, resilient architectures. Cloud, Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Istio, PaaS and serverless
- Big Data, Machine Learning, AI & Analytics: From real-time analysis to massive prediction and cloud storage.
- Java Language & Server Side: Java Language & Server Side, Java SE, JDK, Modularity, Spring, App Servers, etc
- Startup, Innovation & Creativity: Lean startup, VCs, Angels and new trends in startups & Creativity.
- Leadership: CTO, Engineering Managers, Senior Engineers, Staff Engineers, Principal Engineers
We are not looking for introductory-talks or 101 kinds of lectures. We prefer something of greater depth- case studies, live demos, comparisons of different techniques and real-life projects. However, we’re open for introductory sessions as long as the topic is brand new or the session combines an introduction to that topic and a case study with a real-life example. Promotion-based presentations will not be allowed.
This CFP is run blind, and no reviewer will know the presenter of a talk until after it is fully rated and accepted. As part of your talk description, please include a detailed outline.