The Perl Conference is a high-quality, inexpensive, technical Conference that celebrates the Perl programming language. The beauty of The Perl Conference is that it remains accessible to everyone regardless of experience, yet it is still valuable to the most skilled programmers.
Each year the conference attracts hundreds of programmers from around the world, including luminaries such as Larry Wall, Ricardo Signes, and Damian Conway. We hope you will consider applying to present at this exciting event!
The Perl Conference 2019 will be held in Pittsburgh, PA from June 16-21, 2019. The main conference will be June 17-19, 2019 with tutorials on June 16, 20, and 21.
More details at The Perl Conference 2019 website. Please email email@example.com with any questions!
We expect to have approximately one hundred (100) sessions across four (4) tracks with over three hundred (300) attendees. In addition, there will be professional tutorials and hackathons in the days prior to (June 16), and following (June 20-21), the main conference (June 17-19).
We are interested in hearing talks on a wide variety of subjects. This includes Perl 5, Perl 6, database integration, drones, puppies, and any other topics that may be of general interest to Perl programmers. Please review the talk schedules from previous years to help with additional ideas.
We hereby invite you to participate by submitting a talk! We encourage you to submit your talk as early as possible.
All selected speakers will receive a free ticket to the event. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide additional reimbursement for travel, lodging, or meals.
We will be accepting proposals for the following session types:
- Short Talks (20 minutes)
- Standard Talks (50 minutes)
- First Round Submissions accepted December 15th, 2018 - February 28th, 2019
- Speakers notified of acceptance/declination and feedback provided by March 5th, 2019
- Second Round Submissions accepted March 1st - March 31st, 2019
- Speakers notified of acceptance/declination and feedback provided by April 5th, 2019
- Final Speaker Lineup Announcement: April 15th, 2019
- Be sure to provide a contact email that you check regularly