The Perl & Raku Conference is a high-quality, inexpensive, technical Conference that celebrates the family of Perl programming languages. The beauty of the conference is that it remains accessible to everyone regardless of experience, yet it is still valuable to the most skilled programmers.
The Perl & Raku Conference 2020 will be held in Houston, TX from June 23-27, 2020. The main conference will be June 24-26, 2020 with tutorials on June 23 and 27.
More details at The Perl & Raku Conference 2020 website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
We expect to have approximately one hundred (100) sessions across four (4) tracks with over three hundred (300) attendees. In addition, there will be professional tutorials and hackathons in the days prior to (June 23), and following (June 27), the main conference (June 24-26).
We are interested in hearing talks on a wide variety of subjects. This includes Perl 5, Raku, database integration, drones, puppies, and any other topics that may be of general interest to Perl programmers. Please review the talk schedules from previous years to help with additional ideas.
We hereby invite you to participate by submitting a talk! We encourage you to submit your talk as early as possible.
All selected speakers will receive a free ticket to the event. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide additional reimbursement for travel, lodging, or meals.
We will be accepting proposals for the following session types:
- Standard Talks (50 minutes)
- Short Talks (20 minutes)
- First Round Submissions accepted December 15th, 2019 - January 26th, 2020 (Closes 1/26/20 @ 11:59 pm EST -- 1/27/20 @ 4:59 am GMT)
- Second Round Submissions accepted January 27th, 2020 - February 23rd, 2020 (Closes 2/23/20 @ 11:59 pm EST -- 2/24/20 @ 4:59 am GMT)
- Speakers notified by March 1st, 2020
- Final Speaker Lineup Announcement: March 8th, 2020
- Be sure to provide a contact email that you check regularly and add both the papercall.io and perlconference.us domains to your Allow List