Texas Linux Fest 2020 will take place May 1st and 2nd at Palmer Events Center in Austin, Texas.
The deadline for proposals is January 18th, 2020 at 11:59pm CST.
Due to our confusing messaging around the CFP dates, we have extended the deadline one week. The new deadline is January 26th at 5PM CST.
Texas Linux Fest is an annual Linux and open source software event for Texas and the surrounding region. We are excited to bring you two days of general sessions and vendor sessions this year along with two full days of expo floor! Texas Linux Fest is for the business and home Linux user, and for the experienced developer and newcomer alike.
We invite you to share your interests and your work with the rest of the community by submitting your session for this year’s program.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- The Linux Kernel
- Open Source and Community Management
- User Experience, User Interfaces, and Open Source Design
- Open Source Graphics and Multimedia
- Free Software Licensing, Trademarks, and Patents
- Open Source in Government and Civics
- Embedded Linux and Open Source on Mobile Devices
- Open Hardware
- Open Source Programming Languages
- Privacy and Anonymity Online
- Encryption and Security
- Application Development
- Big Data
- Streaming Event Processing
- Reactive Programming
- Linux and Open Source For Beginners
- Web Development
- Open Source Marketing and Outreach
- Linux Performance Tuning
- Open Source in Healthcare and Medicine
- Robotics and Drones
- Data Journalism
- Open Access Publishing
- Open Source in the Classroom: Elementary through Higher Education
- Open Data and Open Culture