WeRockIT Conf is an annual two-day conference that features all disciplines of technology and shows how they all can interconnect. The first annual WeRockIT is May 3-4, 2019 at the AdTran building in Huntsville, AL. Our mission is to showcase and grow diverse voices in technology.
We’ll highlight a wide range of speakers to educate and inspire our guests. This conference is being organized by a group of passionate developers who are dedicated to enriching the Huntsville, AL tech community.
Huntsville, AL May 3 - 4, 2019
Join us at the first annual WeRockIT Conf Technology Conference taking place at the AdTran building in Huntsville, AL on May 3 - 4, 2019. Hundreds of attendees and more than twenty speakers will attend this event.
Deadline for submission: 11:59p PST November 20, 2018
Notification of acceptance: by January 15th, 2019
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a wide range of speakers from all across the technology stack who have experience in technical or career skills. We are especially searching for women and allies of all genders from throughout the Southeast to continue developing the local tech community.
Talks can be geared for beginners, intermediate, or advanced coders, but please specify your audience in your proposal. We also accept talks geared towards entrepreneurs in technology-related fields.
We want first time speakers! For feedback, contact us at email@example.com.
You must be 18+ to present.
- Talks are 45 - minute blocks including the optional Q&A
- Lightning Talks are 10 - minute blocks.
- Half-day Workshops are 2-hour 45-minute blocks
- Panels must include a moderator and can fit into the 45 - minute talk block.
- Front-end Development: Client-side languages and solutions, web apps
- Back-end Development: Server-side languages and solutions, micro-architecture
- Cloud Computing: AWS, Azure, OpenStack
- Cyber Security: Hardware, software, or data approaches to security
- Big Data: Data capture, data processing, and data analysis; predictive or user analytics
- Leadership / Career: Entrepreneurship, mentoring, career path
- Tech Communities: Diversity, education, open source
- Embedded systems: Robotics, hardware, IoT
- Workshops: Led sessions for exploring frameworks of technology. Instructors must have domain knowledge of their subject.