2017 marks the tenth anniversary of the Akamai Edge conference, an event which brings together thousands of business and tech leaders from around the globe to share best practices, and develop strategies to deliver the most secure, high-performance web and entertainment experiences.
This year, we are pleased to announce the return of the Developer Zone, a special section of the conference made just for our developer community. As part of the Developer Zone, we will also be hosting a Developer Track featuring over 36 talks for developers by developers, and this is where you come in! We are looking for inspiring talks on a range of topics including DevOps, web performance, and security.. The sky’s the limit, so if you have an idea that you’re excited to share, we want to hear from you!
New to Edge this year, the Admin track will feature talks to help Luna users optimize their workflows, advance their skills, and get the most out of their Akamai products. We are looking for passionate Luna users to contribute to this track and share their tips and tricks, use-cases, and workflows with the rest of the community.
Complete event details can be found at https://www.akamai.com/ec/us/
October 11-13, 2017
Proposal Submission Guidelines
We encourage anyone interested in speaking at Edge to submit a proposal, regardless of level of speaking experience. If you have a topic that you’re excited to share with the developer community, we want to hear from you.
While there are no official restrictions on the talk topics for Edge, some of the high-level categories that we are particularly interested in seeing include:
- Akamai Integrations and Use Cases
- High Performance Web Experiences
- Securing Sites and Applications
- Delivering Digital Entertainment
- DevOps workflows, tools, and integrations
Your proposal should include:
- Title: Make it catchy, you want to grab people’s attention.
- Abstract: A high-level overview of what your talk is about, and what attendees can expect to learn.
- Description: A detailed description of your talk. Please be sure to highlight what attendees will take away from your session.
- Track: Which track you would like to submit to (Developer or Admin).
- Tags: Please add tags that identify key categories and technologies related to your talk (ex: DevOps, Node.JS, APIs, etc.)
Talk proposals will be reviewed anonymously.
Talks will be scheduled for 40 minute blocks.
- The deadline for submissions is: August 20th, 2017.
- We’ll let you know if your talk is accepted by August 28th, 2017.
- Complimentary Edge conference pass allowing attendance into all events Wednesday through Friday, October 11-13
- One night of your stay at the Aria Resort and Casino covered by Akamai (International speakers receive 3 nights).
- Access to the post-event session recording (video) for promoting your talk
- Listing in the Speakers section of the on-site Edge mobile app
- Promotion as a subject matter expert via the Edge social channels and website pre-event, onsite, and post-event
- If selected, your company’s success story on display at Edge in a gallery of customer success stories
- Please note that additional travel and accommodations assistance may be available on a case by case basis. Please let us know if you need assistance and we will do our best to help out.
- Up to four pre-event check-ins to ensure a well-planned and on-point experience for session attendees
- Arrival at Edge no later than the day prior to your scheduled engagement to ensure an on-time start (exceptions for local speakers)
- Consent to use your headshot image and bio for session promotion purposes on the Edge website, in Edge emails and across Akamai’s social channels