I'm Attending!November 23, 2017November 24, 2017BSides Wellington 2017UTCIn true Security B-Sides (BSides) form, BSides Wellington is a community security conference. What better way to pay tribute to that community than inviting consultants, hackers, developers, operations, engineers, hobbyists, academics, students, and public-sector type folks to a conference hall to share their ideas, experiences and knowledge?
This is BSides Wellington inaugural year; the tickets will be cheap, the time of year/week is familiar, come submit a talk or workshop and make the line up look un-BEE-lievable.*
_*C’mon, you can’t avoid bee puns when your city icon is the Beehive and your conference is BSides._
### Location & Logistics
BSides Wellington will be held at Shed 6 on Queens Wharf. It is in the middle of town, near the train station, and close to a whole heap of cafes, pubs, and hotels.
The Shed 6 hall will be broken into multiple talk/workshop areas. The main track will be good for those that want to present a larger audience talk, and the smaller tracks will be good for a smaller audience talk or a hands-on workshop.
### Speaker Costs
BSides Wellington is a not-for-profit, community event and we are aiming for <$50 tickets for employed folks, and <$25 for students and unemployed. In order to keep those tickets low, we are not covering speaker costs (flights, accommodation, etc). Just think of all the snacks and refreshments and fun times that will be had though!
We have a diversity fund available to help women, LGBTQI, people of colour, younger, older, financially less resourced and other groups who are underrepresented in the security and wider tech industry present at BSides Wellington. In all honesty, if you are keen to submit and you need help getting to BSides Wellington, and don't represent one of these groups, submit anyway and let us know you need assistance.
(Also, ignore the t-shirt size on the submission form, we can't remove it!)Wellington, NZ
The conference includes seminars, workshops, tutorials, code sprints, and lightning talks.
The fourth annual conference will be held November 27th and 28th, 2017 in Nashville, TN.
Registration opens at 7am CST on Monday morning. The conference will run from 8am to 6pm each day.
A Kickoff Party is planned and we'll have a Speakers Dinner on Monday night.
Learn more at nodevember.org
Event Dates: February 14, 2018, February 15, 2018, February 16, 2018
CFP Closes at:
I'm Attending!February 14, 2018February 16, 2018PHP UK Conference 2018UTCPHP UK is pleased to announce the 13th Annual PHP UK conference; a 3-day event, 1 workshop day and 2 conference days with 3 great tracks, held at at The Brewery, in the heart of the City of London.
With over 700 delegates, speakers, and sponsors, PHP UK conference aims to deliver fantastic up-to-date content about PHP and related web technologies in a comfortable and professional setting. There are countless networking opportunities to engage with international speakers and delegates, which makes the event one you won't want to miss.
## THE EVENT
After the optional workshop day, the main event kicks off on Wednesday evening with a pre-conference pubcon. Thursday and Friday will both have inspiring keynote presentations, followed by your choice of 3 tracks of talks. Each day will close with a final keynote followed by the evening's social event. Lunch will be served and refreshments will be available throughout the day.
The PHP UK Conference is a full featured event, and ticket prices include all of the following:
- Entrance to all keynotes and conference sessions
- Entrance to all social events
- Breakfast, lunch, 2 cake & coffee breaks
- All day access to the exhibit hall and delegate lounge
- Free WiFi, charging points and cloakroom
Anyone is welcome to attend the conference, whether you're a professional, hobbyist, manager, or just starting out, there's something for everyone.The Brewery, London
I'm Attending!March 08, 2018March 09, 2018Ruby Conf AU 2018UTCWelcome!
This application is for RubyConfAU 2018. Our conference is Thursday 8th and Friday 9th, March, and this time it will be in Sydney!
I'm Attending!April 10, 2018April 10, 2018DevNet Create 2018 (April 10-11, 2018)UTC## What is DevNet Create?
<p><strong>DevNet Create</strong> is the hands-on conference for developers building software for IoT, enterprises, and the Cloud using DevOps practices. Now in it’s second year, we are on the hunt for experts to explain not the why, but the how. How are difficult enterprise problems being solved? How are IoT issues like security, analytics and connectivity being tackled? How can we leverage microservices in a seamless way?</p>
<p>Sound like you? If so, submit! DevNet Create’s call for speakers and workshop presenters is now open in these three topic areas:</p>
<li>IoT/Mobile, Edge and Cloud Computing</li>
<li>DevOps/Microservices & Security</li>
<p>Deadline to submit is November 10, 2017</p>
San Francisco Bay area
I'm Attending!April 24, 2018April 25, 2018Devopsdays Seattle 2018UTCDevopsdays is a worldwide series of technical conferences covering topics of software development, IT infrastructure operations, and the intersection between them. Topics often include automation, testing, security, and organizational culture. Devopsdays Seattle 2018 will be taking place on April 24th and 25th at the Washington State Convention Center.
I'm Attending!May 07, 2018May 07, 2018SATURN 2018UTC<strong>14th Annual SEI Architecture Technology User Network (SATURN) Conference</strong>
SATURN is the leading conference for software architecture practitioners who look beyond the details of today’s technologies to the underlying trends, techniques, and principles that underpin lasting success in our fast-moving field. SATURN attracts attendees from many domains and technical communities who share interests in both practice and research. This unique mix makes it the best place to learn, exchange ideas, and find collaborators at the leading edge of modern software architecture practice.
SATURN 2018 will be held in Plano, Texas, near Dallas, from May 7-10, 2018 at the Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park hotel. Plano, Texas
I'm Attending!October 26, 2017October 26, 2017Hashicorp's User GroupUTCEstamos abriendo la convocatoria a charlas para el 1er meetup de HUGBA. Si tenes algo interesante en lo que estas trabajando, algo que queres compartir, alguna historia de problemas, incendios y un final feliz….te estamos esperando!
I'm Attending!October 23, 2017October 26, 2017Nordic ACE TourUTCEach year, Oracle user groups and communities in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden gather some of the best independent Oracle experts for a tour of the Nordic countries. This year, the tour dates are Oct 23 through Oct 26.
Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki
I'm Attending!November 26, 2017October 27, 2017TELECOM 2017UTCThe National Conference with International Participation "TELECOM 2017", now in its 25th anniversary edition, will take place on 26th and 27th of October 2017 and for the eighth time it will be held at the National Center of Science and Technology (NCST) – Sofia, 108 Rakovski St., BULGARIA
Starting from 1992 until 2009 the Conference "TELECOM" was held at the International House of Scientists "Frederic Joliot-Curie" in Varna, Bulgaria, and was organized with the active participation of the Committee of Posts and Communications, the Bulgarian Telecommunications Company, the Bulgarian Technical Universities, and the leading scientific organizations in the field of telecommunications.
The Conference takes place annually and its aim is to create conditions, opportunities, and help the experts and specialists in the different telecommunication fields to exchange ideas, knowledge and technical expertise. In this way, the main objective is to stimulate cooperation and knowledge integration between scientists and different governmental, non-governmental and industrial stakeholders in the telecommunications in Bulgaria.
In its recent editions of the Conference "TELECOM" attracts around seventy participants, mostly from Bulgaria. All leading Bulgarian Universities that have telecommunication departments participate, along with local and international telecommunication firms and companies.
The Bulgarian IEEE section has been a traditional supporter of "TELECOM", along with the Organizers.
Call for papers:
I'm Attending!November 02, 2017November 02, 2017PataConf 2017UTC## Un único día 👩🏽💻 👨🏽💻
El festival de programación donde las comunidades más importantes del país se reunirán en un único lugar, en el mismo canal 📺, para compartir sus conocimientos o vivencias en el desarrollo de software. El evento está dirigido a quienes sean gomosos de la tecnología y de aprender algo nuevo 😍.
Una oportunidad única donde puedes ser tú quien este frente de todos los participantes compartiéndonos tus conocimientos en la conferencia. ¡No te lo pierdas!
Durante el mes de octubre visita nuestro sitio web <a target="_blank" href="http://pataconf.com/">http://pataconf.com/</a>, para seguir las actualizaciones de la agenda 📆 e información del evento.Ruta N Calle 67 Nº 52-20 Medellin, Colombia
I'm Attending!November 11, 2017November 11, 201710th Annual Chippewa Valley Code CampUTC#We Love Code#
This Chippewa Valley Developers Group in Eau Claire, Wisconsin is a group of software developers who love our craft and we'd love to have you present at our code camp on Saturday, November 11th.
#Things to know#
1. The size of the camp has varied over the years between 80 and 140 people.
1. Talks are 60 minutes, but we recommend having 45 minute talk with 15 minutes of Q&A.
1. The event is free for all attendees.
1. We'll have a light breakfast, but do not provide lunch.
1. There is an event after the code camp.
1. Everyone participating in our code camp is asked to follow our [code of conduct](http://chippewavalleycodecamp.com/code-of-conduct.html).Eau Claire, WI USA
I'm Attending!November 13, 2017November 14, 2017DevOpsDays Galway 2017UTCThe first DevOpsDays Ireland event is happening in Galway, on November 13-14th 2017 at the Radisson Blu.
Devopsdays is a worldwide series of technical conferences covering topics of software development, IT infrastructure operations, and the intersection between them. It's a great opportunity to meet people interested in DevOps both local and from all around Ireland.
[Click here to propose a Talk](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe6LUVcpbXC35ZaV_vEpWcxQTcU5cFhP1ZxS7mHf0-U2hQVyg/viewform).
If you need examples of CFP abstracts, click any of the following links:
[Example 1](https://www.devopsdays.org/events/2017-riga/program/chris-van-tuin/) [Example 2](https://www.devopsdays.org/events/2017-riga/program/michiel-rook/) [Example 3](https://www.devopsdays.org/events/2017-riga/program/dmitry-buzdin/)
There are two types of talks:
* A 30-minute talk presented during the conference, usually in the mornings.
* An Ignite talk presented during the Ignite sessions (scheduling varies). These are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total).
The theme for DevOpsDays Galway 2017 is Evolving with DevOps.
DevOps is a common culture being developed in many workplaces, we’d like to help convey how it’s possible to adopt for existing projects and improve the workplace culture and experience over time. Any DevOps related topic is also of interest.
What we’re especially looking for:
* How did you manage to initially start the transition?
* What was managements perspective on this?
* Were you able to show measuable improvements?
* Did this start spreading after it was shown to work?
* What bumps did you encounter along the way?
* Were there any approaches that got discarded?
* Did anything get reworked a few times before it started improving?
* What areas did you initially leave as-is despite the difficulties they were causing?
* Where on the path to DevOps nirvana do you think you are at?
* What advice would you share for those attending to prioritize and focus on?
Technical topics that are of interest:
* Visualizing DevOps
* Containers - Orchastration/Scheduling
* Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment
* Configuration Management - event driven/immutability
Multiple proposals welcome… just follow the other guidelines!
Choosing talks is part art, part science; here are some factors we consider when trying to assemble the best possible program for our local audience:
* __broad appeal__: How will your talk play out in a room of people with a variety of backgrounds? Technical deep dives need more levels to provide value for the whole room, some of whom might not use your specific tool.
* __new local presenters__: You are the only one who can tell your story. We are very interested in the challenges and successes being experienced in our local area. We are happy to provide guidance/coaching for new speakers upon request.
* __under-represented voices__: We want to hear all voices, including those that may speak less frequently at similar events. Whether you’re in a field not typically thought of as a technology field, you’re in a large, traditional organization, or you’re the only person at your organization with your background, we are interested in your unique experience.
* __original content__: We will consider talks that have already been presented elsewhere, but we prefer talks that the local area isn’t likely to have already seen.
* __no third-party submissions__: This is a small community-driven event, and speakers need to be directly engaged with the organizers and attendees. If a PR firm or your marketing department is proposing the talk, you’ve already shown that as a speaker you’re distant from the process.
* __no vendor pitches__: As much as we value vendors and sponsors, we are not going to accept a talk that appears to be a pitch for your product.
* __diversity__: The initial review process will be based on anonymous versions of your submission, this includes removing name, gender, geography and company.Galway, Ireland
I'm Attending!November 18, 2017November 18, 2017DevFest SW 2017UTCGDG DevFests are large, community-run developer events happening around the globe focused on community building and learning about Google’s technologies. This year, the devfest will hold in regions and this region, South West will hold its event in Ibadan with the aim of bringing developers from all around the south west region of Nigeria in one place to experience the best of Google technology. This year’s edition is targeted at introducing new tools and ways of working on software applications of all cadres while having fun. We hope to have in attendance, a mixture of Novice, Intermediate and Advanced developers with sessions to cater for the levels.
I'm Attending!November 18, 2017November 18, 2017GeekcampSG 2017UTCUpdate: Public voting via Facebook is now open! geekcamp.sg/#talks
GeekCampSG is an one day Singapore event that brings together hundreds of geeks to share about technologies and knowledge.
GeekCampSG 2017 is happening on 18 November 2017, at [Microsoft's office](https://www.google.com.sg/maps/place/1+Marina+Blvd,+Singaporefirstname.lastname@example.org,103.8504262,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x31da190fb22a7bc5:0x1d643baa61eb0f17!8m2!3d1.2822192!4d103.8526149?hl=en).Singapore