API The Docs Virtual is an online event series for everyone who embraces API documentation as a crucial aspect of a great developer experience.
API The Docs switched its format to virtual in April 2020 and seven virtual conferences have been organized since then. Having experimented with many setups and tools, the team intends to continue the format with live talks on a bi-weekly basis with 2-3 speakers at each occasion.
The first season touched upon a wide range of topics, from API strategy to dev doc trends and user journey iterations. Season 2 continues in a similar manner; putting various industry practices in focus. It welcomes every story from banking, fin tech, logistics, location technology, telecommunication, media, automotive, etc. segments of the API economy.
The live events are planned to be organized from 4pm UTC on the following days:
- September 23, 2020
- October 07, 2020
- October 21, 2020
- November 04, 2020
- November 18, 2020
API The Docs Virtual keeps the series accessible for everyone but pre-event registration will be mandatory. Please visit the event page for more information.
What API The Docs Virtual is looking for
- API strategy & governance and how they relate to API documentation
- UX focused API design & great developer experience design (best practices, new trends, tools)
- API description languages & API publication solutions (use cases, trends, best practices, challenges & solutions)
- Documenting non-REST API formats (GraphQL, Kafka Streams, AsyncAPI, SOAP)
- API references with additional content (use cases, trends, best practices)
- Business documentation on API portals & BizDevOps
- Devportals at scale: change management on large & complex API documentation sets (case studies)
- API lifecycle and your devportal
- Publishing workflows for API documentation
- DocOps, Docs as Code, CI/CD on your developer portal (case studies)
- Community management and developer relations in the API economy
Please keep in mind when submitting
All presentations will be recorded and published online after the conference.
First time submitting?
API The Docs Virtual events are an excellent way to get to know the API docs community, share your ideas and introduce your work that you are doing. We strongly encourage first-time speakers to submit talks!
Talk selection criteria
- Relevance - Is the content relevant? Does it provide new and exciting takeaways?
- Originality - Is this an original presentation and not that the speaker repeats at every conference?
- Quality - Is the proposal engaging and well thought out?
Please note that API The Docs Virtual is unlikely to accept more than one talk from the same speaker and it definitely rejects sales or marketing pitches.