API The Docs Virtual is an online event series for everyone who embraces API documentation as a crucial aspect of a great developer experience.
API The Docs switched its format to virtual in April 2020 and the team intends to continue the format in 2021 as well. More information on Season 3 will be available in January 2021.
For current events, please visit the event page.
What API The Docs Virtual is looking for
- API strategy & governance and how they relate to API documentation
- UX focused API design & great developer experience design (best practices, new trends, tools)
- API description languages & API publication solutions (use cases, trends, best practices, challenges & solutions)
- Documenting non-REST API formats (GraphQL, Kafka Streams, AsyncAPI, SOAP)
- API references with additional content (use cases, trends, best practices)
- Business documentation on API portals & BizDevOps
- Devportals at scale: change management on large & complex API documentation sets (case studies)
- API lifecycle and your devportal
- Publishing workflows for API documentation
- DocOps, Docs as Code, CI/CD on your developer portal (case studies)
- Community management and developer relations in the API economy
Please keep in mind when submitting
All presentations will be recorded and published online after the conference.
First time submitting?
API The Docs Virtual events are an excellent way to get to know the API docs community, share your ideas and introduce your work that you are doing. We strongly encourage first-time speakers to submit talks!
Talk selection criteria
- Relevance - Is the content relevant? Does it provide new and exciting takeaways?
- Originality - Is this an original presentation and not that the speaker repeats at every conference?
- Quality - Is the proposal engaging and well thought out?
Please note that API The Docs Virtual is unlikely to accept more than one talk from the same speaker and it definitely rejects sales or marketing pitches.