We are pleased to announce the first annual AppSec New Zealand Conference, to be held at the University of Auckland on Friday and Saturday, 12-13 February 2021. The AppSec New Zealand Conference, presented in collaboration with the OWASP New Zealand Chapter, is a two-day conference dedicated to information security, with an emphasis on secure architecture and development techniques to help Kiwi developers build more secure applications.
Pre-conference training for the AppSec New Zealand Conference will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, 10-11 February 2021. We welcome proposals from prospective trainers, for half-day, one-day, or two-day training classes. Training may be proposed in one of three formats: in-person (travel rules permitting), instructor-remote, or fully online.
The separate Call for Presentations (CfP) for the main conference can be found here
Training proposals will be considered in any area relevant to Web Application Security. Possible topic areas include any of those sought in the conference’s Call for Presentations, such as:
- Secure coding
- Mobile security
- Cloud security
- Secure development
- Vulnerability analysis
- Threat modelling
- Application exploitation
- Exploitation techniques
- Threat and vulnerability countermeasures
- Penetration Testing
- Browser and client security
- Application and solution architecture security
- PCI DSS
- Risk management
- Security concepts for C*Os, project managers and other non-technical attendees
- Privacy controls
We welcome proposed training in any format - or mix of formats - compatible with the proposed training mode. Training modes can include, but are not limited to: lectures, multimedia presentations, demonstrations, hands-on exercises, group discussions, and “Capture the Flag”-style competitions.
The training schedule each day will be as follows (New Zealand Daylight Time [NZDT, GMT+13]):
- 0800 - 0845 - Student check-in and classroom setup
- 0845 - 1015 - Classroom Session
- 1015 - 1045 - Morning Tea (provided)
- 1045 - 1230 - Classroom Session (Morning half-day classes end)
- 1230 - 1345 - Lunch Break (on your own); Check-in for afternoon half-day classes
- 1345 - 1515 - Classroom Session (Afternoon half-day classes begin)
- 1515 - 1545 - Afternoon Tea (provided)
- 1545 - 1730 - Classroom Session
Training fees, per attendee, are fixed as follows, based on the format in which it is presented:
- In-person training: Half-day class: NZ $300.00; One-day class: NZ $600.00; Two-day class: NZ $1150.00
- Instructor-remote training: Half-day class: NZ $250.00; One-day class: NZ $500.00; Two-day class: NZ $950.00
- Online training: Half-day class: NZ $200.00; One-day class: NZ $400.00; Two-day class: NZ $750.00
Trainers will receive 50% of the fee for each paid registrant in their class. In addition to paid attendees, instructors are permitted to assign up to two (2) free seats in their class, and the conference organisers will allocate an additional two (2) free seats through the conference’s Diversity and Financial Aid fund for students and/or unwaged attendees.
Training presenters will be automatically registered for the main conference on Friday and Saturday, 12-13 February, and will receive complimentary tickets to the Pre-Conference Reception on Thursday evening, 11 February.