DevOpsDays is a grassroots event for folks in the field connecting, sharing stories, advice, ideas, and tools relating to DevOps.
DevOpsDays Victoria is a one day event May 25th 2018. Lunch, and coffee will be provided. Registration starts at 0800 and the conference runs until 1700 daily. It’ll be held at Fisgard St Forum (845 Fisgard St).
The audience at DevOpsDays Victoria is very diverse, spanning both small and large scale software operations. We hope to have attendees from backgrounds such as development, quality engineering, operations, and technical management. Regardless of background - it’s a very technical audience and all are welcome.
The call for proposals has closed. However feel free to still email proposals to email@example.com and we may be able to still review your proposal.
If you’re brainstorming ideas, you might think of:
- telling a story of success (or failure, both equally important!)
- a pattern that has worked for you (and under what circumstances it works)
- what was challenging about implementing a particular solution
- what a deep dive on a particular technology taught you
- a time you drove change through your organization
- what you see in store for the future in this space
As the audience is all technical we ask that you keep the following in mind, if you have concerns please ask us, we’re happy to review and provide feedback:
- We want developers and operators talking to their own; give a talk that you would love to attend yourself
- No infomercials please. We’re sure some API, SaaS, pay for tool is fantastic, but marketing material is plentiful on the web
- We want our content to be inclusive - be mindful of the audience and ensure that the content complies with our Code of Conduct
- To see some past examples from this particular event, see the 2017 Program or 2016 Program.
Full Talk - 30 minutes
Aiming for 25 minutes of live presentation, leaving 5 minutes for Q&A from the audience. It would usually be a topic you’ve had first hand experience with - something that rings true for you.
Ignite Talk - 5 minutes
If you’re new to the format - see http://www.ignitetalks.io/ for details! In short - you’ll have 20 slides that auto-advance (15 seconds each) for a total of 5 fun-filled minutes!
Please ensure that your presentation slides are submitted before the cut-off date to allow us to ensure timing is set and the presentations are queued up together (there isn’t time to change personal laptops in between). If they can’t be prepared on time they will be supplemented with cat pictures. You laugh - but we have prepared cats. Which made us laugh.