DeccanRubyConf is the sixth edition of the regional Ruby conference in Pune, India on 10th August 2019.
DeccanRubyConf 2019 will be accepting all types of talk proposals starting March 1st 2019 through May 31st 2019. Due to the competitive nature of the selection process, we encourage prospective speakers to submit their proposals as early as possible. We’re looking forward to receiving your best proposals related to Ruby and related technologies for talks. You can submit as many proposals as you want.
Addressing the selection criteria: The review team score each proposal according to the following review criteria:
- Relevance: Is this topic interesting to an audience of Ruby programmers? What is it about the topic that is unique to its use of Ruby?
- Novelty and Originality: Does the talk provide the audience with new information? Preference will be given to presentations not previously available to a wide audience.
- Knowledge: Has the speaker demonstrated a strong understanding of their subject?
- Coverage: Does the proposal cover the topic in depth? What are the main insights?
- Organization: Is the proposal well organized? Will the audience tune into the narrative? Will the speaker use their time effectively?
- Bottom Line: What’s the takeaway of your talk? How will the presentation improve attendees’ knowledge, outlook, and inspiration?
- Local talent: DeccanRubyConf believes in highlighting local talent. We provide travel assistance to local speakers. Contact us if you need more details.
The reviewers will be looking to answer each of these questions when scoring your proposal – make it easy for them.
Don’t wait until the last minute, you can always update your talk once submitted!
Here are several links to blog posts on writing a strong conference proposal