Learn how Microsoft Azure’s cloud services can accelerate your cloud app development process: we support the tools and languages you already use, security and management services are built-in, ML/AI capabilities are quickly callable from your app, and you can retain full control on how (and where) you deploy your code.
I'm Attending!February 05, 2021February 05, 2021UXOK Design Conference 2021UTCJoin us on Friday, February, 5, 2021 the Philbrook Museum of Art in Tulsa, OK for our inaugural UXOK Design Conference!
UXOK is supported by Techlahoma, a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing Oklahoma’s technology community.
We’re on the hunt for speakers who can deliver smart and engaging talks at UXOK 2021, our inaugural conference. The focus of UXOK 2021 is to shine a spotlight on UX and Design Thinking and explore their role in the modern world. Submission deadline is October 12, 2020.
Some of our goals for UXOK 2021 are…
- Spotlight UX: We want to create an environment where anyone with an interest in User Experience can come learn from each other. There are no limitations on what you can talk about as long as it’s relevant to the world of modern UX.
- Network: We want to bring the various local UX communities together and strengthen our connection to one another.
- Showcase: We want to showcase amazing and diverse talent in our local UX community.
- Teach: We want UXOK attendees to take in practical, useful, and actionable knowledge and ideas home. We want to talk about UX in meaningful ways that invokes thought, discussion, and inspires an audience with varying levels of experience.
- Engage: We want our stage to radiate smart, relevant, and thought-provoking topics that engage the audience. What do you find fascinating about the ever-evolving nature of our field? Let’s talk about it.
- Inspire: We want to inspire our community. We want to generate excitement about UX. We want people to walk away from UXOK with a full mind and inspiration to create.
Our audience will consist of a spectrum of people with a shared interest in UX, be it leaders, designers, strategists, researchers, consultants, developers, people in product roles, and more. We’re targeting all experience levels, but we’re more interested in topics that are more advanced, covering subtleties of our profession that are gained more through experience than online courses. That said, best practices, methodology, process, etc. are very much welcome. We’re especially interested in strategic design case studies, in-depth frameworks, and lessons learned through experience. We’re less interested in presentations on the basics of user experience design and usability, but if you have an idea please submit it and include the context you want us to have while evaluating. There will be zero tolerance for promotions or advertisements disguised as presentations.
Talks can be 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes, and keynote speakers will have 45-60 minutes to deliver their presentations. Presentations can have more than 1 presenter if there’s reasonable justification for such a format.