Learn how Microsoft Azure’s cloud services can accelerate your cloud app development process: we support the tools and languages you already use, security and management services are built-in, ML/AI capabilities are quickly callable from your app, and you can retain full control on how (and where) you deploy your code.
I'm Attending!April 28, 2021April 28, 2021Security BSides Knoxville 2021UTC> Mayday! Mayday! You are submitting to the SEVENTH annual [Security BSides Knoxville](https://www.10-sec.org/bsides-knoxville)!
# About BSides Knoxville (virtual version)
This is the second consecutive year for a virtual Security BSides Knoxville event. To attempt to lure speakers for future events (when it is safe), take a look at the section below about the perks of an in-person Security BSides Knoxville event.
<p>We offer complimentary speaker training, slide reviews and practice sessions to those that need or want it.</p>
<p>The CFP will end on March 15, 2021. Notifications will be sent out no later than April 1, 2021. Some *may* be sent out sooner, so submit as early as possible.</p>
# About BSides Knoxville (in-person version - fingers crossed for 2022!)
For the local neighborly Scruffians, you know what you’re getting into. It’s a one day conference that runs from 9 AM to 6 PM EDT. Normally, we host a speaker dinner at 6:30 PM, immediately following the conference.
For those of you that “ain’t from ‘round here”, don’t worry. Knoxville is a friendly, if scruffy, city and BSides Knoxville has a relaxed, come-as-you-are atmosphere.
Here are a few quick facts about BSides Knoxville that set us apart from other security conferences:
* We feed all attendees “breakfast” (usually donuts) and lunch.
* Water, soda and coffee are available for free all day.
* Each attendee gets two tickets for alcoholic drinks. You’re on your own after that. Roughly half of the attendees don’t drink, so we’re working on a system where they can get some cool swag instead. We usually do nice coffee mugs and cool handmade posters.
* Each speaker gets a personalized walkout song! We feel this is a great way to get the presenter and crowd pumped up. After all, two of our tracks are designed to be music and entertainment venues.
* Quiet, private speaker rooms are provided with extra snacks, drinks, and caffeine.
Tickets sell out every year (except for that one year we scheduled on the same day as CodeStock … oops). We typically have had 2.5 tracks (one just runs the morning) and each talk is 30-50 minutes in length, but that may change this year as we are possibly moving to a new (TBD) venue.
If you’re still not convinced or have additional questions, hit us up on [Twitter](https://twitter.com/BSidesKnoxville) or via [email](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).Virtual