Let’s speak at GopherCon Vietnam 2019, the largest Go conference in Vietnam!
GopherCon is an annual conference which began in last year - 2018 and is dedicated to the Go programming language. It is organized by Golang Vietnam, a community-driven group of developers who wish to promote the use of Go, the formation of an inclusive and supportive Go community, and the education of Go developers.
Learn a lot from the first event, GopherCon 2019 will be more organized and well planned. It is 2 days long, 1 day for Workshop and 1 day for Conference which take place November 1st-2nd, 2019, Ho Chi Minh City.
We encourage speakers who have not presented at a last conference. That means when choosing the final speakers list, we bit more prioritize those who have not spoken at GophercCon 2018.
Our CFP lasts for 2 month, from 10th June to 21st August. Details about Conference will come later.
We welcome speakers from varying backgrounds. You do not have to be an experienced speaker or an experienced programmer to be considered for speaking at GopherCon Vietnam. We aim to ensure that the conference is welcoming and relevant to both beginner and experienced programmers.
- 10 June 2019. CFP opens.
- 21 August 2019, CFP closes.
- Late September 2019, authors notified.
- 1st week in Octobor 2019, schedule published.
- 1st til 2nd November, GopherCon Vietnam 2019.
- Keynote style presentations; 25 minute time limit, no questions from the floor.
- Main talks; 45 minute time limit, questions at the presenter’s discretion.
- Lightning talks; 10 min time limit, no questions from the floor.
Advice for authors
Proposals will be reviewed based on the selection criteria below. Please demonstrate as best as you can that your proposal meets them, so our reviewers feel confident about recommending it. One paragraph is not sufficient. Several paragraphs are barely sufficient. Please keep in mind that there has never been a GopherCon proposal that hit all the criteria yet was rejected because it was too long.
The selection criteria:
- Relevance. The talk is relevant to the Go community. GopherCon is not a general software conference, our audience wants to hear about topics that relate to the Go programming language. Devops - Go talks might be acceptable due to their close relationship.
- Clarity. You’ve clearly explained what you are going to talk about.
- Correctness. You’ve demonstrated knowledge of your topic. You don’t have to be an expert, but you are expected to be speaking from experience.
- Achievability. You’ve thought about how to present your material in the time available.
- Impact. The goal of the talk. What new idea, technique, tool, or information will the audience leave your presentation with?
All accepted speakers will get a free ticket each.