Welcome to nerdear.la 2021!
nerdear.la is a three-day event in which you will be able to attend talks, participate in workshops, ask experts about any doubt you may have (and help others as well!), play games and meet people with similar interests to yours. And all for free!
2021 marks the 8th edition of the unique Latin American event for the IT community, Developers, and STEAM enthusiasts organized by sysarmy: the support of those who give support.
Due to the COVID-19 situation we will celebrate nerdear.la online.
We are going beyond the technology buzzword hype and we aim to have a conference with talks about real use cases. We like having a common thread throughout the event so that each talk adds value to the audience. Our goal is to include all topics that help professionals on their daily jobs, but also thought-provoking content.
- July 27th: CFP opens
- August 16st: CFP closes
- Week of August 30th: notification to speakers
- October 20th: nerdear.la starts
Topics we like
- Artificial Intelligence
- Astronomy / Space exploration
- COVID-19 and epidemic diseases research
- Data science / Machine Learning
- Development pipelines, shipping code from dev to prod
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Explosives / Rockets
- Geology / Archeology
- Infrastructure and architecture
- Mechanics / Big Machines
- Security, secure infrastructure, dealing with BYOD, secure apps
- Software Development / Software Engineering
- Site Reliability Engineering
- Test Engineering
- UI / UX
- Video Games
- Can we geek out about it? We’re interested!
“Menos Recursos, Más Humanos” track
In 2019 we had a separated track for HR IT professionals that was a complete success, so in 2021 here it is again. Submit your proposal on the following topics !
- Employer Brand
- Career Development
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Goal Setting
- Feedback and Performance Management
- Engineering Management / Leadership
- HRBP Best Practices
- General IT HR
Criteria for selection
- Talks can be submitted in English or Spanish.
- We will select talks based on their abstract – To remove biases and foster diversity we have an anonymous submission system: we do not know who the author is until the talk has been rated.
- Our priority is always our audience and not the speaker. Self-promoting lectures will not be considered.
- Lecture content must be of interest to our audience and the topics involved must be highly relevant and complementary to the previous ones. You should not only be inspirational, but also educational and enlightening. You can refer to our YouTube channel for practical examples from previous years.
- Final decision and selection is done internally by the nerdear.la talks committee. We will contact you through this platform to follow up on confirmation and logistics (don’t forget to check your email notifications, including the spam folder!)
- Speakers must accept and follow our Code of Conduct.
- In case of acceptance, you will be requested to send your slides 3 weeks before the event starts.
IMPORTANT: Taking into account the sanitary restrictions related to COVID-19 and bearing in mind the well-being of our community, this edition will take place virtually.