TLDR; Hit “Apply to Speak” Button on Bottom Right of This Page
osquery@scale is a two day event taking place at Dogpatch WineWorks in San Francisco, January 22 & 23rd. The event is focused on surfacing osquery security use cases - the good, bad, and ugly - told from the mouths of those who’ve lived and breathed at scale deployments in their production environments. Join security practitioners from Financial Services, SaaS, Higher-Ed, Hi-Tech, and a variety of other industries as they share first hand learning from osquery deployments solving for incident investigation & threat visibility, compliance, asset inventory, cloud vs. on-prem, and much more.
osquery@scale is a knowledge-sharing environment meant to help security practitioners and leaders fully immerse themselves in the highs and lows of real-life osquery deployments. Through end-user stories, attendees will better understand the variety of security use cases, limitations and benefits across operating systems and environments, skills and abilities required for use, and other considerations to be made when building strategic at scale deployment plans. Our goal is to connect osquery users with like-minded osquery-curious peers. This conference is being hosted by Uptycs.
The Ideal Speaker
The ideal speaker has a story to tell about their hands on experience using osquery in a production environment to accomplish a specific security function/outcome. All sessions are 30 minute presentations with 15 minutes for Q&A. If your session is accepted, you will receive complimentary access to the event and two free tickets to share with peers. This CFP Closes December 31, 2019 but we will notify speakers on a rolling basis as submissions come in. If you have a great story to share, apply early for a better chance to grab a spot!
We’re looking for:
- security practitioners and leaders with hands on osquery deployment or end user experience
- use case specific stories ie for PCI/HIPPA/SOC/FedRAMP compliance, threat hunting and investigation, container monitoring, Linux server security and monitoring, etc.
- insight on large deployment challenges like osquery agent reliability/performance tuning, handling GDPR implications, data storage considerations, query strategies, monitoring CPU usage, etc
In your submission, please be sure to include:
- Details about your production environment including operating system(s), number of assets you deployed to
- Relevant information about your role and company
- What tooling you used to create the full ecosystem required to leverage the data collected by the osquery agent
- Specific details about the security goals/use case you were aiming to accomplish, and insights about where osquery soared or sunk in solving that use case
- Insights about challenges you ran into during deployment and performance monitoring
- Need help? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- osquery@scale event site: http://www.osqueryatscale.com
- CFP Close Date: December 31, 2019 but we will notify accepted speakers as submissions come in. If you have a great story to share, apply early for a better chance to grab a spot!