TLDR; Hit “Apply to Speak” Button on Bottom Right of This Page
Join us (virtually!) Wednesday - Thursday, Jan 20 & 21 for the second annual osquery@scale conference. This virtual event is focused on surfacing osquery security use cases - the good, bad, and ugly - told from the mouths of those who’ve lived and breathed at scale deployments in their production environments. Join security practitioners from a variety of industries as they share first hand learning from osquery deployments solving for incident investigation & threat visibility, compliance, asset inventory, cloud vs. on-prem, and much more. (event dates are subject to change)
Last years speakers included security practitioners from Stripe, Comcast, Airbnb, MuleSoft, GitLab, Dactiv, and more. Learn more by visiting the osquery@scale event site.
osquery@scale is a knowledge-sharing environment meant to help security practitioners and leaders fully immerse themselves in the highs and lows of real-life osquery deployments. Through end-user stories, attendees will better understand the variety of security use cases, limitations and benefits across operating systems and environments, skills and abilities required for use, and other considerations to be made when building strategic at scale deployment plans. Our goal is to connect osquery users with like-minded osquery-curious peers. This conference is being hosted by Uptycs.
The Ideal Speaker
The ideal speaker has a story to tell about their hands on experience using osquery in a production environment to accomplish a specific security or IT administration function/outcome. You can select a 10 minute lightning talk, or a 30 minute presentation with separate time for Q&A. You can watch sessions from last year by visiting www.osqueryatscale.com This CFP Closes December 31, 2020 but we will notify speakers on a rolling basis as submissions come in. If you have a great story to share, apply early for a better chance to grab a spot!
We’re looking for:
- security practitioners, IT administrators and infosec leaders with hands on osquery deployment or end user experience
- use case specific stories ie for PCI/HIPPA/SOC/FedRAMP compliance, threat hunting and investigation, container monitoring, Linux server security and monitoring, etc.
- insight on large deployment challenges like osquery agent reliability/performance tuning, handling GDPR implications, data storage considerations, query strategies, monitoring CPU usage, etc
- out of the box use cases
- stories highlighting useful integrations
In your submission, please be sure to include:
- Details about your production environment including operating system(s), number of assets you deployed to
- Relevant information about your role and company
- What tooling you used to create the full ecosystem required to leverage the data collected by the osquery agent
- Specific details about the security goals/use case you were aiming to accomplish, and insights about where osquery soared or sunk in solving that use case
- Insights about challenges you ran into during deployment and performance monitoring
- Need help? Contact: email@example.com
- osquery@scale event site: http://www.osqueryatscale.com
- CFP Close Date: December 31, 2020 but we will notify accepted speakers as submissions come in. If you have a great story to share, apply early for a better chance to grab a spot!