Join us this September at San Francisco’s Exploratorium for a gathering of security leaders and practitioners. osquery@scale is an annual forum where attendees can network and explore how osquery is powering what’s next in security innovation. The theme for year 3 is “how can osquery aid in risk reduction?”. Most notably how does osquery help reduce risk from vulnerabilities and threats? You can expect great educational content based on security best practices that will help manage, scale, and improve osquery-powered risk reduction in your organization. Attendees can also expect fun networking opportunities in the innovative zero-emission Exploratorium, complete with interactive exhibits that showcase the power of observation. Oh, and great food.
Former speakers include security practitioners and/or leaders from Stripe, Comcast, Airbnb, MuleSoft, GitLab, Flexport, Atlassian and more. Learn more by visiting the osquery@scale event site.
osquery@scale is a cybersecurity conference taking place on September 14th and 15th, 2022 at The Exploratorium in San Francisco. The conference is preceded by a half-day of training. For more information about the conference, please visit our website.
This will be a single-track conference. We believe that the single-track format enables everyone to have a shared experience. We’re looking for talented builders and defenders from a diverse set of backgrounds to help us create a world-class educational environment for the attendees of osquery@scale. Help us build a community-oriented and inclusive conference for innovators to connect, learn from each other, and move the security world forward.
Below is a list of suggested topics and technologies based on last year’s attendee feedback. It is by no means meant to be exhaustive, but submissions should be, at a minimum, inspired by osquery:
- hands-on osquery deployment or end-user experience
- use case-specific stories ie cloud security, threat hunting and investigation, container monitoring, Linux server security and monitoring, PCI/HIPPA/SOC/FedRAMP compliance, etc.
- insight on large deployment challenges like osquery agent reliability/performance tuning, handling GDPR implications, data storage considerations, query strategies, monitoring CPU usage, etc
- out of the box use cases
- stories highlighting useful integrations
In your submission, please be sure to include:
- Details about your production environment including operating system(s), number of assets you deployed to
- Relevant information about your role and company
- What tooling you used to create the full ecosystem required to leverage the data collected by the osquery agent
- Specific details about the security goals/use case you were aiming to accomplish, and insights about where osquery soared or sunk in solving that use case
- Insights about challenges you ran into during deployment and performance monitoring
You are invited to select a 30-minute or 40-min presentation with separate time for Q&A.
This CFP Closes on August 17, 2022. We will notify speakers on a rolling basis as submissions come in.
An excellent group of speakers is a requirement to deliver a great conference to attendees, and we look forward to your submission ideas. Thank you so much for considering osquery@scale as we know there are many conferences to consider submitting to. Hope to see you in September.