OWASP London Chapter runs regular in-person meetups in seminar format in London, UK. We aim to run 6-8 meetups per year. The dates vary and depend on the mutual availability of the venues, speakers and organisers.
OWASP London Chapter meetups are free and open to everyone interested in Application Security and wider Information Security topics. More information about OWASP London Chapter can be found at https://www.owasp.org/london
We are looking for submissions related to Application Security topics (including Mobile Apps, IoT Apps, Cloud Security, DevSecOps etc), however submissions related to the wider Information Security topics are also welcome.
Please present your research, tools, techniques or other ideas you would like to share with the local OWASP community.
OWASP is a vendor-neutral community, so please avoid any commercialism/”sales pitches” or “product promotions”. Any products/tools discussed/showcased in the talks must be opensource and free to use. If your company offers a solution related to the field of the talk please avoid slides like this: “talk to us, we have a solution”.
Please note that we live-stream and video-record all talks and publish them on OWASP London YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/OWASPLondon
We welcome speakers from varying backgrounds.
The standard talk duration at OWASP London Chapter Meetups is 45 minutes (+up to 10 minutes Q&A), you can also submit a lightning talk (10-15 minutes max).
Suggested Talk Topics:
- Secure coding
- Web, Mobile, Cloud, and Serverless security
- Threat modeling, system engineering and architecture
- Software Supply Chain Security
- Software Bill Of Materials
- Threat and vulnerability countermeasures
- Browser and client security
- Privacy controls
- Planning and implementing an application security program
- Creating an AppSec team & culture (e.g. security champions)
- Techniques to communicate risk and AppSec value to management - sharing what works and what doesn’t!
- Internet of Things (IoT) security
- Penetration Testing & Application-level attacks
We are also happy to accept talks on topics such as:
- Network Security
- Database Security
- Payment Security
- Blockchain Security
- AI Security
- Use of AI and ML for AppSec