QtDay is the only Italian event dedicated to Qt. It is held yearly by Develer, an official Qt service partner and the first Italian company to receive Qt Specialist certification for its staff.
QtDay 2018 will be the seventh edition of the conference. In 2017 we had people from more than 50 companies actively using Qt for desktop and embedded development on a daily basis. Topics covered include practical technical information on Qt and related technologies, case studies of companies that have successfully implemented and deployed Qt solutions and reports directly from the developers of Qt on the latest technical and commercial offerings.
The conference is primarily an opportunity for training staff and keeping up-to-date with the latest topics, but also a way to connect with new customers and partners. Sponsoring companies present their products to teams that develop with Qt everyday and get their name out to top developers who might just become valuable members of their team.
The exclusive Italian event devoted to the Qt universe is back!
This year’s edition is open to professionals and researchers who want to submit a speech: if you’re using Qt in a project and you want to share your experience, don’t be shy and come join the QtDay 2018 stage!
The main topics we want to develop during the conference are:
- Human and machine interaction
- Internet of things and machine-to-machine interaction
- Automotive industry
- Business case studies
This year you can choose among three different talk formats: lightning talks, a short 5-minute presentation of a topic of your choice; standard 60-minute talks; and trainings, a more practical and hands-on talk lasting at least 3 hours.
Here are some possible ideas for your talk:
- Fluid Interfaces with QtQuick
- Communication protocols for industrial applications
- Infotainment / navigation software for the automotive industry
- Qt on tiny connected devices (IoT)
- Security of Qt applications
- 3D integration in rich user interfaces
- Optimization, debugging and inspection techniques
- Developer tools
- Case study: your experience with Qt, good or bad
- Contributing to Qt: promote your Qt-related project; your experience with the Qt community
The suggested topics are only guidelines and the list isn’t exhaustive; if your proposal doesn’t fit, submit it anyway!
Submissions: In order to submit, there is no need for the whole speech presentation with slides; we just need:
- The name and surname of the speaker
- A brief biography
- A photo for the website (possibly on uniform background)
- The speech title
- A short description of the speech
Every speech submission will be evaluated to be included in the conference agenda! Break a leg!
The Call for Proposals is closing on March 11th.