Serverless is a recent addition to the long list of technologies that promise to accelerate software delivery, reduce cost of compute ownership and provide unicorns and rainbows for all. And like all industry buzzwords it generates enthusiasm and scepticism in equal measure – how to move beyond the hype?
ServerlessDays started life as JeffConf, a tongue in cheek conference in the spirit of Paul Johnston’s blog post, an attempt to move beyond the Serverless buzzword and focus on the practical use of function as a service platforms and the value they provide. It is a one day, community-focused, single track event centred on real world Serverless based solutions. It’s about fostering a community and helping all of us learn from each other as we embrace a new way of building applications.
For the second time, ServerlessDays is coming to Tel Aviv. We look to build on the success of previous ServerlessDays events in other cities around the world. Our focus is on building and nurturing the serverless community through sharing of real world experiences and making it accessible without a large commitment of time or money.
We believe serverless is a big tent and are looking for speakers with years of experience who have solved real-world problems using Serverless platforms, through to people taking their first steps in serverless.
- Talks are 25 minutes long.
- Lightning talks at 10 minutes long.
We are looking for:
- Are you new to Serverless? Tell us about your serverless learning journey!
- Experience with Serverless frameworks in production and under load?
- Serverless promises to lower the total cost of ownership: what are real-world experiences?
- Tooling: code management, CI/CD, observability and monitoring, security, and in-house solutions.
- Are you doing something genuinely cool with serverless? Let’s have some fun with this!
ServerlessDays TLV is a non-profit community event. We will cover travel and accommodation costs where possible.