In this talk, poetry will be introduced and the power it wields to help all pythonisatas manage and update dependencies consistently across all platforms. If you know the pain of managing and updating python dependencies, poetry might be your savior!
All pythonistas have faced the struggle of managing multiple python version and environment for their project. All developers uses different tools to manage the python versions in their local environment like virtualenv or venv with pip or anaconda etc.
But there is always a struggle for every team member to have a standard way to manage python dependencies. Updating the dependencies is also another struggle we can’t deny when a dependent library is deprecated and needs updating.
Poetry is a cli tool to save pythonistas from the struggling life of managing python dependencies through multiple and inconsistent methods for their project. Developers don’t need to worry about virtualenv, venv, anaconda as long as they know about poetry.
In this talk, poetry will be introduced and the power it wields to help all users manage and update dependencies consistently across all platforms.
- Introduction to poetry
- Caveats of existing toolset such as virtualenv, venv etc
- Managing environment for multiple python versions
- Power of poetry (or Why use poetry)
- Commands comparison side by side (How to switch to poetry)
- Features of poetry (Backward compatible etc)
- What to do to update existing projects?