UXBristol 2022 is the 12th User Experience Design conference organised by the Bristol Usability Group. We are so happy to return with another day of twelve workshops in at the M-Shed in central Bristol on 15th July 2022.
All our previous conferences have sold out… but why?
“One reason why I love UXBristol so much is the format”, says Natalie Alpi, who has attended four conferences. “ You attend hands-on workshops, where the speakers do a short presentation and then ask you to perform a task, usually as a group. Not only is it an interesting challenge intellectually, especially if the topic is not your area of expertise, it also allows you to meet and discuss with everyone around the table”.
The event is put together by James Chudley, Stuart Church, Dave Ellender and a small group of volunteers as part of the Bristol Usability Group Community Interest Company (CIC).
Submit your workshop idea by clicking ‘Speak at UXBristol 2022’ below. You will need a Papercall account.
Guidelines for workshop submissions
- All workshops are 55 minutes long.
- We have three tracks/rooms with workshops at four different times during the day
- Room sizes are 30, 40 & 50 people
- All rooms have round tables with 6-8 people on (this makes a good small group size)
- We do pre-assess demand for workshops and also ask what sort of room size you would prefer, before making a decision on which room you get
- A good structure is a short presentation, followed by 1 (or more) hands-on activities, followed by some form of plenary (i.e. discussion within table), followed by a closing speech/recap.
- We offer one-to-one phone or skype consultations if you want to discuss your workshop plans.
- As a speaker you will be able to attend three workshops as a participant (i.e. during the times when your workshop is not running)