CFCamp is back from our somewhat-forced-upon-us break for a 2023 edition.
Would you like to meet the German and European CFML web developer communities, listen to expert speakers and find out all about the latest trends around CFML and associated technologies? Then join us at CFCamp 2023, Europe’s largest conference on CFML, Lucee, Adobe ColdFusion and associated technologies.
Our two-day event on June 22-23, 2023 at the Marriot Munich Airport Hotel in Freising aims to bring together 200+ web developers, architects and general technology enthusiasts. The conference attracts attendees who are interested in learning about and discussing the latest developments in the CFML world as well as learning about associated technologies in the fields of web and mobile development.
CFCamp 2023 will provide content for designers, developers, testers, or just about anyone passionate about software and web development. We want to encourage attendees to look beyond their day-to-day platform of choice and keep up to date with more general trends in web and mobile tech.
At this stage, we’re looking for interested individuals who are keen on presenting at CFCamp 2023. Talks will be selected by the Programme Committee on the basis of making the conference a varied, diverse and valuable event. Submission is open to anyone and we encourage first-time speakers to submit a proposal. Members of the Programme Committee are happy to offer coaching and assistance on talk proposals. We aim to create a conference that has a set of great, engaging and interesting talks from a diverse and varied range of speakers and technology experts.
Encouraged topics for submissions include:
- New language and server features in Adobe ColdFusion and Lucee
- CFML frameworks (e.g. *Box, CF on Wheels etc)
- Migrating legacy code
- Modularisation and reuse
- CFML integration with languages such as Java, Kotlin, Groovy etc
- IDEs and editors for CFML
- CFML applications in the Cloud
- Docker and other containerisation solutions with CFML
- API development with CFML (REST, GraphQL etc)
- Approaches to high availability
- General other CFML tools, libraries and frameworks
Frontend web, mobile and desktop development
- Frontend development with JS, TypeScript, Dart etc
- Cross-platform mobile development (e.g. ReactNative, Redux, Swift, j2objc, Flutter etc)
- UX and UI design for web and mobile
Databases and other storage with CFML
- SQL databases and SQL techniques
- Non-relational DB storages, such as Redis, CouchDB etc.
- Storage clustering
Infrastructure and adjacent technology in the context of CFML
- Continuous integration and build pipelines
- AI, Deep Learning, Machine Learning
- Code deployment strategies
- Cross-platform development and testing environments (Win, Mac, Linux, BSD etc)
- Manual and Automated Testing
- Crash Reporting and Application Performance Monitoring
- Security (on the server as well as in your application)
- Internet of Things and Home Automation (e.g. Android Things, Voice Assistants, HomeKit etc) and their integration with back end systems
Business and Marketing
- Analytics (e.g. Data Science, Customers Behaviour)
- Company culture and Agile/Lean approaches (e.g. Working with others, Scrum, Kanban etc)
- Marketing and Monetisation of web and mobile apps
The above list should not be treated as exhaustive. If you would like to speak on a topic that doesn’t seem to fit into any of the suggestions but goes well with the overall theme of CFCamp 2023, please submit it to us regardless.
Submissions for this CFP are evaluated by a Program Committee. We’re a group of people doing our best to build an interesting, varied, diverse and valuable set of talks and workshops for CFCamp 2023. The first round of evaluating your submissions is anonymised. That means we’re initially looking at your proposals without knowing who you are.
Please do NOT put any identifying personal information into the “Talk details” section of the submission form. That includes the “Notes” field. Only provide personal information in the form’s “Profile details” section.
The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2023 10am UTC.
You will be notified about the success of your submission by no later than March 31, 2023.