A house divided against itself cannot stand.
DevOpsDays DC is the conference where the community gathers to discuss building and operating high-velocity organizations.
- Whether you are in government, academia, or the private sector, DevOpsDays is for you.
- Whether you are in operations, development, QA, security, or any other department, DevOpsDays is for you.
- Whether you want to learn about DevOps, share your experiences, or just talk shop with DevOps practitioners, DevOpsDays is for you.
Join the community Monday, July 8, 2019 & Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C..
You have a great story and we want to hear from you!
Want other ideas for topics or feedback on your ideas? We’re here to help! firstname.lastname@example.org with CFP in the subject.
All proposals are due by May 1, 2019 at 11:59PM EDT. Speaker selection notifications will go out no later than May 15, 2019 at 11:59PM EDT.
Submit as many proposals as you like. Panels or multi-presenter proposals are fine. Speakers will receive free admission to the conference and an opportunity to address 500+ people interested in DevOps in our nation’s capital.
Our criteria for selection include…
- We embrace diversity and encourage proposals from people in underrepresented parts of our community.
- LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!: we prefer speakers who work within 100 miles of Washington, D.C..
- Original content: content not yet presented at other conferences, or a new angle to an existing problem
- New presenters: people who are new to the space and have insightful stuff to say; we want to hear everybody’s voice
- No vendor pitches: we value vendors and sponsors, but this is not the right forum
We are accepting talks in both the ignite format, and a more traditional 30 minute format. For those of you not familiar with the ignite format and would like to see a sample of some of the best, - here are some to view. Here’s a Youtube search for previous DevOpsDays ignite talks.
Competition will be fierce especially for the 30 minute slots; the organizer committee will vote on which presentations are selected. We understand if the talk isn’t written yet, but we want enough details to understand what your time will be filled with and what people will learn from it.
One of the main building blocks of DevOps is Culture. We highly value diversity and embrace it. We believe that DevOpsDays should shine a spotlight on it. If you’re an underrepresented minority we’d love to hear from you!
Remember DevOpsDays is for DevOps practitioners looking to take whatever they’re doing to the next level. Be specific. “Metrics are good yay” isn’t enough of a takeaway, so for example if you pitch “Metrics and DevOps” we’d like to hear more about what your content will be - what metrics exactly, what actionable things people will take away, etc. Culture talks are good, but similarly, we’re looking for more actionable details than “DevOps is about culture. Hug more.” If you don’t have a lot of specifics, we would suggest going for an ignite talk instead of a full talk.
Demos are welcome but, of course, there’s always that slim chance that wireless will give you trouble or other technical issues may come into play - just prep well and have a backup plan.
You can run your own laptop for full talk slots - again, have a backup plan (dropbox, thumb drive, save in multiple formats - be paranoid). You’ll be asked to provide lightning talks in PDF format and your keynote slides in any format by the weekend before the conference. Ignite talks will all be run by the lightning talk wrangler from their system on auto-advance.