GraphQL Asia is back for its third edition! This time around, GraphQL Asia is going to be hosted online and feature 2 days of workshops along with 2 days of conference talks.
Dates: February 22-25, 2021
GraphQL Asia is organised by Hasura. The conference aims to connect and bring together Asia’s GraphQL community.
Brace yourself for exciting talks and fantastic workshops from GraphQL practitioners from across the world, and a chance to meet and greet the rest of the Asian GraphQL community.
You can also propose a talk/workshop at the event. Our CFPs are now open. Diversity is a core value of GraphQL Asia, and we highly encourage everyone to submit a talk. Newcomers are just as welcome as veterans! We are also accepting talk & workshop proposals in languages other than English.
All talks will be pre-recorded. Workshops will be conducted live.
We know that giving talks can be difficult, but we promise we’ll do our best to make sure you are well-prepared and ready to deliver an amazing talk. If you are speaking for first time at any conference, we encourage you to apply.
We are excited that you’re interested in speaking at GraphQL Asia’21! GraphQL Asia will be held from the 22nd- 25th of February 2021, and will be fully virtual.
The GraphQL Asia team is committed to building and curating a diverse and inclusive event and speakers. In addition, we want to make the conference more accessible to attendees from all over Asia this year. If you would like to give a talk in a language that’s not English, please do mention it below!
TOPICS Any topic around GraphQL adoption, use-cases on running GraphQL in production, advanced use cases surrounding your API lifecycle with GraphQL, and GraphQL tooling would be a great fit for the conference. Here are a few suggestions:
1. GraphQL adoption & use-cases:
- Use cases with GraphQL in your company such as your migration/adoption story, and your technology stack and choices.
- Best Practices around GraphQL implementation
- Where GraphQL went wrong
- Interesting architectures with GraphQL
- Legacy stack to GraphQL - evolution patterns
2. API Lifecycle with GraphQL
- Regressions and testing
- Error Handling
- Process changes (around debugging/performance)
3. GraphQL in production
- GraphQL with microservices: Approaches, challenges & ROI (federation)
- GraphQL & serverless
- Integrating cloud-native patterns with GraphQL
- Authorisation and security patterns for GraphQL
- Using GraphQL to build a data access layer
- How GraphQL affects team workflows and processes
4. GraphQL Tooling
- Client-side frameworks, tools and implementation
- Server-side frameworks, tools and implementation
- Other tooling around GraphQL
5. The future of GraphQL
- Your ideas / wishes for improving GraphQL
- New Tooling suggestions
- Specification changes
- Suggestions to make GraphQL adoption easier & better.
Workshops If you would like to give a workshop about GraphQL let us know. We will be accepting both ‘vendor’ and community led workshops.
These are suggestions! Please do submit talks even if they don’t fit into these themes! Also, multiple suggestions are welcome.
TALK FORMATS & DURATIONS All talks will be conducted online. Conference talks will be pre-recorded and the speakers are requested to give a live Q&A (for long talks). Workshops will be conducted live.
- Lightning talks: 10 minutes
- Long talk with Q&A: 20 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A
- Workshops: 1 to 3 hours
SUBMISSION DEADLINE Submission close on 7th Jan 2021 at 11:59pm PST.
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions, drop a mail addressed to Harsha at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “GraphQL Asia 2021”.