It’s the 4th edition of the premier Latinamerican coworking event for DevOps and Developers, organized by sysarmy, the Argentinian SysAdmin community.
Attendees will be surrounded by people with similar skills, interests and hobbies creating the ideal environment for collaboration.
- Find help from more experienced professionals (or help others!)
- Attend talks and workshops
- Present their own projects in a lightning talk
- Be part of side activities and competitions
- Return to the office with more knowledge and a smile
nerdear.la will take place on June at AreaTres Palermo, Ciudad de Buenos Aires.
- June 22: Coworking + Side activities
- June 23: Tech talks + Coworking
- June 24: Nerd talks + Coworking + After Hours
We are going beyond the DevOps hype and our expectation are to have a full smoke-free conference with talks about real DEV-DATA-QA-SEC-OPS (tools, good practices, troubleshooting, delivery, team management, etc). This year the idea is to include all topics that help professionals on their daily jobs. Although nerdear.la is ops-centric we all need skills from the full stack (the real one, not the one in job descriptions) to collaborate with others.
We would like to have a common thread throughout the event so each talk adds increasing value to the audience. Don’t worry, it will be on us to coordinate with speakers how to achieve this.
Topics we like:
- Infrastructure and architecture, do’s and don’ts
- Cloud infrastructure, running a datacenter, setting a datacenter on fire, etc.
- Orchestration / Configuration management
- GNU/Linux, BSD, MSDOS, Xenix, etc.
- Development pipelines, shipping code from dev to prod (how to do it and how not to do it).
- QA/QC for sysadmins
- Security, secure infrastructure, dealing with BYOD, secure apps
- Development: $program_language for ops, writing simple tools with go/python/pascal
- Databases: mysql, postgres, nosql too. scaling, monitoring, configuration 101, etc.
Did we forget about the nerd topics? Not at all. nerdear.la is also a provocative, inspiring, DIY, poor-man’s, low resources experience. We’d like to learn about the cutting edge nerd stuff you are doing so talks about IoT, 3D printing, videogames, explosives, chemistry, physics, astronomy (and astrology), psychology, medicine, music, art, etc. are highly ranked too!