Serverless is a recent addition to the long list of technologies that promise to accelerate software delivery, reduce cost of compute ownership and provide unicorns and rainbows for all. And like all industry buzzwords it generates enthusiasm and scepticism in equal measure – how to move beyond the hype?
ServerlessDays started life as JeffConf, a tongue in cheek conference in the spirit of Paul Johnston’s blog post, “Serverless is just a name. We could have called it Jeff”, an attempt to move beyond the Serverless buzzword and focus on the practical use of function as a service platforms and the value they provide. It is a one day, community focused, single track event centred on real world Serverless based solutions. It’s about fostering a community and helping all of us learn from each other as we embrace a new way of building applications.
For the first time, ServerlessDays is taking place in Amsterdam. The venue Pakhuis de Zwijger is experienced with hosting tech conferences and can fit up to 300 people comfortably. It also provides a state-of-the-art AV system, catering, as well as a beautiful view of Amsterdam.
- 2018/05/28 - CFP Opens
- 2018/06/25 - Tickets go on Sale
- 2018/07/15 - CFP Closes
- 2018/07/30 - Speaker Announcement
- 2018/09/14 - ServerlessDays Amsterdam
We believe serverless is a big tent and are looking for speakers with years of experience who have solved real-world problems using Serverless platforms, through to people taking their first steps in serverless.
We have two formats of talk you can submit for.
- Talk - 30 minutes
- Lightning Talk - 5 minutes
We are looking for:
- Are you new to Serverless? Tell us about your serverless learning journey!
- Experience with Serverless frameworks in production and under load?
- Serverless promises to lower the total cost of ownership: what are real-world experiences?
- Serverless vs. vendor lock-in: experiences with company politics and/or real-world problems, and strategies to overcome resistance?
- Are you doing something genuinely cool? Or built the most amazing Rube Goldberg machine! Tell us about it? Let’s have some fun with this!
Inclusivity is very important to us and the CFP process is anonymised to minimise selection bias. Please be aware of this when submitting your response to not add your company name or identifying information in your talk description or subject. Otherwise, we will have to remove it before it goes to the CFP committee.
ServerlessDays Amsterdam is a non-profit community event. We will cover travel and accommodation costs where possible (Europe). However, we also offer a Logo sponsorship plan for your employer if they are willing to cover travel and accommodation for you.
Code Of Conduct All attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers at our conference are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organisers will enforce this code throughout the event. We are expecting cooperation from all participants to help to ensure a safe environment for everybody.