What is SIRAcon?
SiRA is a vendor-, tool-, process-, and technique-neutral, community-led organization of risk and data analysis professionals. SIRAcon is an annual opportunity to meet with your fellow risk professionals and hear what is going on in the risk community. Each selected talk will receive 3 complimentary tickets to attend SIRAcon22.
Detailed Guidelines for CFP Submissions
Deadline: Submissions are due January 21st, 2022
- Talk slots are 45 minutes, including Q&A.
- Be specific and detailed in your abstract; make sure the committee can tell what is new and exciting in your talk, if appropriate. The committee will use this content as the key element for evaluation.
- You may submit as many talks as you would like; only one talk per presenter or presenter group will be selected.
- It is possible to be an individual speaker and a co-speaker or panelist on another talk.
Good questions to consider when framing your talk:
- What was the business problem you were trying to solve?
- What were your top challenges, and how did you overcome them?
- What mistakes were made, and what advice would you give as a result?
- How did you measure your outcomes?
We seek open and transferable knowledge. Attendees must be able to use the bulk of the presentation’s lessons without buying or using a particular tool or service. Be as specific and detailed in your abstract as possible.
SIRAcon is a vendor-neutral conference: you may discuss tools that helped solve your risk problems, but your talk should not be a product pitch.
SIRAcon22 Topics & Descriptions
- What is your best presentation?
- How do you win over an audience?
- How do you keep people engaged and invested in your effort?
Decision Science, Behavioral Science & Data Science
- How do you present data in a logical, easy to digest manner?
- What innovative statistical approaches do you have in empowering stakeholders to make an important decision?
- How did you change someone’s mind, when they KNEW they were right?
ERM and Quantitative Risk
- How do you work quant risk into the standard ERM process?
- Managing a Risk Register with action items that are quant based.
BIA, BCDR, and Crisis Management
- Business Impact Analylsis (BIA)
- Business Continuity Disaster Recovery (BCDR)
- Crisis Management
Got a burning topic that doesn’t fit into one of the other topics? Here’s your chance to get that burning topic out into the open and share with it the masses.
What happens next?
Each talk will be reviewed by the SIRAcon22 planning committee and SiRA Board for fit and alignment to this year’s topics. All submitted talks will hear back from a committee member by February 4th on the talk’s status. Each invitation to speak has 1 week to confirm participation. Those talks not selected for SIRAcon are welcome to present in SiRA’s monthly webinars.
Sponsorship opportunities are available.
Multiple levels of sponsorship are available. If your organization is interested in being a sponsor for SIRAcon22 or SiRA please reach out to email@example.com.