User Experience industry leadership, fresh ideas, top talent, and immersive conversations on the beautiful shores of Vermont’s Lake Champlain.
Join us on Friday, May 1, 2020, at Main Street Landing in Burlington, Vermont for the 6th annual UX Burlington. We’re seeking submissions for talks and workshops ranging from 30- to 45-minute talks to 60+ minute keynotes and workshops, from speakers and mentors who are leading, strengthening, and advancing User Experience. Seasoned speakers are preferred, but new speakers are welcome to submit for consideration as well. To learn more, visit UXBurlington.com and check out our two minute video to see and hear more about what it’s like to speak and attend UXB.
Every year 200+ UX practitioners attend to hear and learn from experts like yourself. In addition to keynotes, the conference runs two parallel tracks for part of the day, one catering to developers and the other a more general track tailored to UX/UI designers, researchers, and marketers.
UX Burlington is an event tailored for UX professionals seeking to stay ahead of the curve and push their work to the next level. UX Burlington is not a 101 event—we’d say more like a 301. Attendees include designers, developers, content producers, researchers, digital strategists, and product and brand managers.
All submissions must be:
- Written in English.
- Submitted using this online form.
- Received before or by the deadline stipulated on the UX Burlington website.
Things to know before you submit:
- We welcome both client and supplier submissions.
- We welcome with open arms all professionals who contribute meaningfully to UX. If in doubt, submit an outline!
- We value real stories of how your insights have created impact.
- We encourage out-of-the-PowerPoint-box presentations. If you have alternative presentation ideas, by all means submit a proposal.
- Be as clear as day about why your submission is not to be missed.
- Submission Deadline: November 8, 2020 11:59 pm ET
- Notifications to Presenters: By November 22, 2020 (we reserve the right to accept speakers throughout the CFP process)
- Acceptance Deadline: November 27, 2020 (accepted presenters must confirm by this date)
Things you can do to get ready:
UX Burlington 20/20 Hindsight
The definition of 20/20 hindsight is the full knowledge and complete understanding that one has about an event only after it has happened. This year’s conference theme is 20/20 Hindsight and we want to hear from UX practitioners who can share what they’ve learned from their own User Experience mistakes.
- Did you make the wrong assumption about audience needs when you designed or developed the site or app?
- Perhaps you decided to forego user testing to save time or money, but what happened next became a disaster?
- Was the promise or Call To Action misleading, resulting in a slew of dissatisfied customers?
- Or maybe you decided to keep quiet about the need for accessibility when you should’ve been a champion for it?
Professionals are often expected to always make the right choices on their first try, but in practice mistakes are constantly made. Which valuable lessons did you learn from your UX fails?
In the spirit of this year’s theme, we want to hear your well-told, entertaining—perhaps even horrifying—stories about what went wrong, how the hindsight manifested itself, and what lessons you learned and can share with our audience of UX practitioners. In a nutshell, we want talks that include practical and educational information about any aspect of User Experience, but are framed from the perspective of 20/20 Hindsight.
Topics and keywords: UX design, UX research, User Testing, App Development, Web Development, UI design, Wireframing, Web Accessibility, Copywriting, User Experience