DevOpsDays KC will be held in Downtown Kansas City, MO at the Uptown Theater on Thursday September 21st 2017 and Friday September 22nd 2017.
If you’re out-of-town and would like to submit a talk, great! If you’re talk is selected and will need lodging, we will try our best to fund a portion (if not all) of your travel and lodging needs.
The Call for Proposals is your chance to be a more active part in the conference, and place your mark on the DevOps community. We encourage a wide range of original material, with a focus on new presenters.
What we are looking for:
Types of accepted proposals:
- Ignite Sessions: 5 minute, auto forwarding talk
- Presentations: A 30 minute talk on topic of your choice, with some time for questions.
- Be concise.
- Add as much detail as you can.
- Multiple entries are welcome.
- Attempt to not give details to who you are, we prefer to judge based on content.
- All presentations must conform to the code of conduct.
- Preferably submit via this web app, however we also will accept submissions by email: email@example.com
This is what we would like to know. Do you have an answer?
- The DevOps movement has been around for a few years now: Did anyone find out if it really helped your organization? Are there numbers for this?
- Did the culture of DevOps spread to other parts of your company? If not, why?
- Is DevOps the magic silver bullet which solved all your problems? What are the problems it didn’t solve (although you thought it would)?
- Were there unexpected problems during your cultural change into DevOps?
- Did the required skill-set of people change after starting to do things DevOps-Style?
- Did people leave because you “went DevOps”? Was this good or bad or both?
- Have there been technical changes after the culture in your team changed?
- Did the change affect the business/sales/marketing side?
- And of course: Has DevOps affected you personally? How do you feel about the change it brought to your work?
The “classic” DevOps questions are of course not fully answered, either…
- What is the role of QA/Tester in DevOps, how do we integrate QA in the continuous delivery process
- The impact DevOps has on traditional security/auditing/change control
- Building dashboards because #monitoringsucks
- The impact of DevOps on HR policies, and the hiring process
- Help prove that DevOps can scale beyond the 5-8 person web startups, we love traditional IT enterprise cases
- With all the automation, data is still a hard thing to handle, how does it affect DBA’s, backup strategies, …
If you’d like some more specific topic examples…
- How about release management.
- Integrating security into the DevOps conversation
- How to handle budgets for DevOps initiatives
- DevOps and Working Remotely
- Value Stream Mapping
- Having DevOps make #monitoringsucks less
We encourage new and seasoned speakers. If you’re interested in working with a mentor to develop an idea into a session or ignite, please reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to provide options for mentorship pairing. At the very least we’ll do our best to provide mentorship ourselves. :)
Please let us know if you need assistance with travel costs including hotel, flight, and parking. This will not affect our decision-making one way or the other, but is good to know as we finalize our budget.