Front End Miami Lightning Talks Series ⚡️
- Who: Front-End Miami
- What: Lightning Talks Series
- Where: Zoom
- When: Wednesday, February 3rd 2020
- How (to RSVP): RSVP on our Meetup group!
If you share our passion for front-end development and would like to talk about it, submit your lightning talk proposal for Front End Miami’s Lightning Talks meetup on February 3rd!
First time speaking? That’s great! We welcome all speakers - be they new, experienced, underrepresented - to come and present.
Note: due to the high amount of talk submission spam, priority will be given to local speakers.
The main criterium is that they’re a maximum of eight minutes long. Beyond that, you can present whatever you like, as long as it’s related or adjacent to front-end development or design.
If you’re new to presenting, here are a few tips for a great talk:
- Have a couple of other people besides yourself edit your talk for tone and content.
- Please bring your presentation on your own laptop, as we don’t necessarily have one from which you can present.
- In case of technical difficulties, try not to rely on speaker notes.
- Speaking of technical difficulties, if your laptop doesn’t have a common video-out port like HDMI or mini-DisplayPort, please try and provide your own cable.
- One last note on technical difficulties: if presenting a tech demo, please make sure you have access to what you need locally on your laptop, just in case the Wi-Fi gets choppy.