SciPyLA 2017 is the fifth annual conference about scientific computing with Python tools. It is scheduled on November 22nd - 25th 2017 in Sancti Spiritus, Cuba. During the four days of the conference there will be approximately 93 activities scheduled including, but not limited to, talks, pitch sessions, social events, hackathons, hack nights, job fair, development sprints, poster sessions, hands-on labs and workshops . The SciPy community is aimed at improving and fostering the adoption of scientific computing powered by open source Python tools optimized to solve problems in the fields of Mathematics, Science, and Engineering.
Science and Python tools will provide answers to regional IT initiatives in need of coping with more than 689 million mobile subscriptions, 50 million active consumers, and an IoT market expected to double to $15.6 billion and reach more than 800 million connected endpoints.
Latin American workshop on Python and Emerging Computing Technologies
The financial industry, digital payments, and ports across more than 200,000 km of coasts have been presenting a number of mathematical and computational challenges to researchers. Experts will explain how Python tools help small businesses and companies to boost economic growth.
Spanish, Portuguese, English
- Promote the use of accesible and reproducible approaches in scientific research.
- Present recent sci-tech findings using Python or related tools.
- Promote the use of Python in science development.
- Contribute to the Latin American technological development.
Emerging Computing Technologies Workshop Topics
Some particular areas of interest are:
- 4G and 5G cellular communications
- Agent-based systems and architectures
- Agent-to-Human service interactions
- Analytics as a Service (AaaS)
- Augmented reality
- Big Data
- Cloud Computing, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Big Data as a Service (BDaaS)
- Combinatorial optimization
- Computational Geometry
- Computer-generated imagery
- Computer vision
- Data Mining
- Data-parallel algorithms and SIMD architectures
- Data Science
- Distributed algorithms, operating systems, and database systems
- Domain Specific Languages
- Deep learning
- Evolutionary computation
- Graph Computation Models
- High-performance Computing
- Image processing
- Integration as a Service
- Internet of Things
- Large scale optimization
- Machine learning
- Machine to Machine Communications
- Mobile collaboration and e-learning
- Mobile database retrieval techniques, transaction models and caching techniques
- Network function virtualization and Mobile edge computing
- Scalable Model-Driven Engineering
- Pattern recognition
- Radio-frequency identification
- Software Defined (and Cognitive) Networks
- Software Defined Radio
- Speech recognition
- Virtual reality
- Virtualization and Containers
- Wearable solutions
In general the program committee will accept paper submissions related to the following disciplines:
Artificial Intelligence, Business Intelligence, Cryptography, Data Science, Datawarehousing , Digital Broadcasting Networks, Digital Signal Processing, Mass media, Optical fiber networks, Quantum Computing, Telecommunications, Wireless Technologies.
Tutorials : Workshops on Python tools offered by experts and aimed at improving the productivity of researchers.
Presentations and lectures Keynote speakers will talk about global trends and best practices in science.
Poster Sessions You could present investigation pipeline and results using visually appealing tools.
Sprints Meet the authors of recognized libraries in order to implement more efficient ways to perform scientific calculations.
Lightning Talks Promote and expand the scope of researches by briefly presenting ideas to specialists of the region.
Subscription / Participation / Payment
The registration rates only cover event attendance. There is a differentiation by regions to encourage the participation of students, professionals and researchers of Latin America and the Caribbean with relevant results and yet limited economic resources. For more details consult the registration rates. To know more about other ways to get financial resources read about financial aid.
To make your travel to Cuba an engaging experience, we advise you to read Instructions to travel to Cuba